Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, well ive been looking around for what the RR invoice price is and i finally found it in www.kbb.com, well its $7430. and the MSRP is $8,599....what should i expect to pay.... before the the RR i was planning on getting a MAZDA 3 and i used edmunds.com to find the invoice price and i sent emails to a couple of dealers and they told me THAT THEY CAN SELL IT FOR CLOSE TO INVOICE since they werent selling that well. I was hoping that i could get a pretty close price to invoice or a couple of hundreds down.

what did you guys pay and in what state.

i live in Southern California......Los Angeles.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
getting $8500 out the door or less is a good deal (isnt there another thread about this?).

I bought mine at LA Cyclesports in Inglewood and paid that. My paperwork shows the actual price of the bike to be $7450 (+/-) then tax, title, etc...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Sir Slickniss said:
does LA Cyclesports have a website and or what streets can i find cyclesports in. i live only like 20-30 mins away from inglewood.
LA Cyclesports doesnt have a good reputation, I heard bad story about them, like they wont register your bike like they said, you have to end up going to DMV yourself, shop around there is alot of honda dealer around LA County, even orange county, plus you dont want to go to Inglewood, one of my co-worker said that there were alot of people hanging outside the dealership, if you end up buying from them, just becareful.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol inglewood....dude i use to live in inglewood....i know its a bad neighborhood but i can handle it. and i found the website....and so far i have been reading some other post in the website about where they bought there bikes here in LA and most of them went to LA Cyclesports and got the best deals. thanks for the info though honiton

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
BS.
Mine was registered and I got my license plate 3 weeks from when I bought it. I dont understand why they get such a bad rap, except that they undersell all the other dealers. city of Inglewood has some sketchy sections but where this dealer is its fine. Honda of Hollywood, after SCREWING ME had choice words about LAC too but they were losing my purchase to them...They are not known for good service department, thats for sure.

http://www.lacyclesports.com/

They will quote you over internet, and have you in and out in 30 minutes. You could also call them, 310.677.5800. Eric Rojany was the guy that sold me mine and he rides a 600rr too. Good guy.

Honda of Hollywood SUCKS ASS. wasted my time in a big way.

LAC is *just* east of the 405 and north of Florence blvd, on Hyde Park.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help Pablo...i will be calling and i sent them an email on the otd. hopefully it will be very low because of all the time that has passed, but its going to be even lower when the 05s come out.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
unlikely to be lower....its $8599 for everyone, no haggling. You're pretty much guaranteed that price. Blue costs $200 more though, if they have it.

I'll be there monday morning for some warranty work (left knee is wearing through the tank clearcoat!)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hehe I paid abit higher than that for mine, but I dont care I still love her. Well worth the over charge, plus I always learn from my mistakes so sure cost me alil more but at least I gained somthing from it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have never heard anything bad about LA Cyclesports. I dealt with Bob Gregor on a couple of occasions, and almost bought a bike from him, but decided against it being that it was a Cali bike. No reason I would not have bought from him.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I paid 7499 for a 2004 in des moines Iowa. Its a ways from my place 2 hours but I sell cars and people price shop my @ss all day long. I actually had another dealer willing to match and to go get one for me for 200 more.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sir Slickniss said:
ima check it, i really dont like there website though....doesnt have any pictures and kinda looks old.....but if the prices make up for it than its the best.
Uh, what do you need pictures for? you know what the bikes look like...if you don't know, all manufacturers have pictures on their sites. They are a bottom line dealer...they don't haggle(but you can try and get some extras thrown in), their prices are just about the best in town, but don't go there on the weekend expecting great customer service, they are jam packed busy on weekends.

http://www.layamaha.com/sb1.htm

this link has there 600cc pricing.

·
Registered
876 Posts
MAD1 said:
Sir Slickniss said:
ima check it, i really dont like there website though....doesnt have any pictures and kinda looks old.....but if the prices make up for it than its the best.
Uh, what do you need pictures for? you know what the bikes look like...if you don't know, all manufacturers have pictures on their sites. They are a bottom line dealer...they don't haggle(but you can try and get some extras thrown in), their prices are just about the best in town, but don't go there on the weekend expecting great customer service, they are jam packed busy on weekends.

http://www.layamaha.com/sb1.htm

this link has there 600cc pricing.
I saw they have 04 Kawi 636, I got mine cheaper OTD, and it was green I bought it at my local dealer, I think I priced them but at that time they didnt have 04 636, it was in Nov of last year. I bought my RR used almost bought it brand new for 8500 but opt out on the Kawi.

Anyone know why Yami R6 is more expensive than RR?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I :mrgreen: BOUGHT MINE FROM ld600 rr . WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING ANYWHERE ELSE . HOOKED ME UP AND HAS ALWAYS TAKEN CARE OF ME WHENI NEED STUFF.

·
Registered
780 Posts
When you talk to the dealers, don't talk in terms of invoice prices unless you're ready to sit there with a calculator for tax, license, registration fees, and other dealer fees... talk to them in terms of Out the door prices.
LA cycle have great prices consistently. The blues are typically $100-$200 more than the other colors.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
LD600RR said:
We are selling them for $7499 and have 2003 in yellow for $7099. we are in Oklahoma though and would be hard to get the bike tagged in CA.

Thanks
Actually, it would be illegal. CA does not allow new bikes bought out of state to be registered. Bike has to be "used", meaning 7500 miles min or 5 years old. This is to prevent people buying "49 state" bikes without emmissions equipment.

btw-is that $7499 OTD? mine was $7450 before ttl at LA Cyclesports.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts