Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
I was super excited watching the keynote, as I'm due for my two year upgrade with ATT. Or so I thought. Turns out that ATT doesn't offer iPhones, or any smartphones, at a subsidized price with a new two year agreement anymore. So it's either pay full retail price for the phone up front (like $950 for the 256GB 7+ I want) or pay it in monthly installments added to your phone bill. Two years ago I paid $500 for my 128GB 6+, which was damn near half off full retail.

They know full well most people will choose the pay monthly route. Meaning you're still tied down to a contract (at least until you pay off the phone) but you don't get the benefit of getting the phone at a subsidized price anymore. Absolute BS IMO. But it seems all US carriers are doing this BS now. Still gonna get that 256GB 7+ though....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah, going away from subsidized phones puts a wrinkle in the financial element. I personally like it since I don't tend to buy the newest and greatest phone, and my monthly cost has gone down.

I think T-Mobile was the first major service provider too go away from subsidies. Used them for a while, but their network never seemed to performance as well as the maps they showed you suggested.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess it is just the same every year, Apple will have a new product and this will cause a lot of hype. Business as usual. I am looking forward to its new features that the recent one does not have. But I am expecting a very minimal change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts