Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the IRC-2 yesterday. I do not have a PC yet, but I was told this was okay. Long story, short: Ran fine for about 20 mins, now it idles HORRIBLY!! The bike even shut off on me as I down-shifted twice. What is going on!? Anybody got any ideas!? I am hoping I just need a dyno done or something easy...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm a new guy here, just got my '09 last year. But I was told you needed the PowerCommander in conjuction with that. I may be wrong, but I was told that the IRC pushes more gas into the engine at the higher RPMs. Thus, if you don't have the PC to regulate it properly, it just floods you bike. Again, just what I was told, not an expert on this. Good luck man!

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can run this unit as a stand alone no problem. Any chance you connected it to the MAP sensor by accident? This connector is much easier to get to than the TPS sensor and will cause the bike to run poorly.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
i have one on my bike. if it is ok to run alone then why does it say in the instructions this?
Note: Installing this unit will make your bike run leaner at 100% throttle from 12000rpm to redline. Go into your powercommander map and add a value of 10 to the existing value of each cell from 12000-15500 in the 100% column.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Because it does make it run leaner. If it was lean enough to cause damage we would warn the customer of that but it is not. You can run it by itself but to get the full benefits out of your bike you should correct your AFR.

·
Registered
533 Posts
dynojetresearch, does that mean if you use the IRC as a stand alone you should or shouldn't add that value of 10 from the 12000-15500 rpm range at 100% throttle?

·
Registered
40 Posts
sorry know its a stupid out of place questions...but im new to all this and what is a IRC-2?
IGINITION RETARD CONTROL---cheap 4-7 hp on our bikes...works great with PCV!

·
Registered
134 Posts
nastorino - If you run it without a fuel controller you have no choice but to leave it alone. If you have the means of adding fuel to the stated area then I would recommend you do so. It will not run dangerously lean but you will not be getting the full benefits out of it either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts