Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cleaning my helmet and visors, the last step I took was put a coat of water repellant on it. Everything went fine with the clear visor, but when it came to my iridium visor, it has left streaks that seem to be permanent. It didn't even occur to me that could have been a possibility, stupid move. Anyone know a way to reverse this? I've tried rewashing it with water and mild soap, but no change. I haven't used it on the road yet but it doesn't seem to effect the view from inside the helmet, moreso just aesthetically unpleasing.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
there's no way you're going to reverse it. something probably happened to it chemically.

consider this one a lesson learned. most manufacturers provide cleaning instructions with their products. typically they recommend nothing but warm water and mild soap

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there's no way you're going to reverse it. something probably happened to it chemically.

consider this one a lesson learned. most manufacturers provide cleaning instructions with their products. typically they recommend nothing but warm water and mild soap
Ya, that's what I figured as well, lesson learned indeed ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts