·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many Americans have had to endure the intrusive and frightening
interrogation known as an IRS "audit"? Well it turns out that while
sticking its nose in everyone else's business, the IRS has been less than
honest itself. More specifically, the IRS has been caught cheating... to
the tune of about a trillion dollars a year.

The IRS is quite experienced at using intimidation, demonization, and
harassment tactics, but what can be done when the "enforcers" are the ones
breaking the rules? Click below to see how at least one man is standing
up to the IRS.

http://www.861.info/message.html

Sincerely,

The 861 Evidence Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe, send a blank message to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to [email protected]
To change your email address, send a message to [email protected]
with your old address in the Subject: line
To contact the list owner, send your message to
[email protected]

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks for the link I started watching it but I'm at work and its a lot of info there. I'll come back to it later. Taxes suck and so does the IRS. I wish I could make heads or tails out of all the BS that comes my way during tax season. I have a staff job in DC and live in Virginia. I'm also a part owner of a S Corp. in FLA. and I freelance on the side. My taxes are a nightmare.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i've been following this guys info/site for about 9months and it looks pretty solid. his whole basis is that according to the "letter of the law" 90% of americans shouldn't be paying income tax.

there is a specific portion of the tax code that tells you how to calculate your "gross income" and what actually counts toward it and what is excluded (BY LAW). when asked about this section of the law the IRS's stance is basically just: "oh, you are supposed to ignore that section" he has been very open about all of his finances and hasn't filed a tax return in years and has DARED the IRS to prosecute. as i've been following this the IRS/Gov has been (quite unsuccessfully) using completely unlawful tactics to try to "scare" him from his position.

he's not saying: "you can avoid income tax if you do this:...." he is saying "heres what the law says..." at the very least i'd recommend everyone to follow the link and if you are even somewhat interested, sign up for the mailing list. i get emails about once every few days with updates.

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
I never understood the big teef people have with taxes... Someone has to fund all those services we use, people need to suck it up and pay up ;-)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I don't get it, and I'm to lazy to read and listen to it all, but I hope he wins, and then they will simply change the law to say what it's supposed to and everyone can go back to paying there taxes again. Mmmmkay

·
Registered
870 Posts
Every year around this time all these nuts come out of the woods saying I havent paid taxes for the last twenty years. What he doesnt tell you is he has most likely been in and out of jail for as long as he hadnt paid taxes. I would definately talk to your CPA before trying any of the tactics he used in his presentation. I have taken a variety of tax law classes here at KSU, and I have heard of many people trying to avoid taxes and being successfull in the short term but not in the long term. I dont want to go to jail, and thats what they do to people like him.

Peace :snakeman:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
919 said:
Every year around this time all these nuts come out of the woods saying I havent paid taxes for the last twenty years. What he doesnt tell you is he has most likely been in and out of jail for as long as he hadnt paid taxes. I would definately talk to your CPA before trying any of the tactics he used in his presentation. I have taken a variety of tax law classes here at KSU, and I have heard of many people trying to avoid taxes and being successfull in the short term but not in the long term. I dont want to go to jail, and thats what they do to people like him.

Peace :snakeman:
most CPA's have never even looked at the section 861 as they just know that "gross income" includes ALL income... if a billion ppl said the world was flat, would that make it so?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Listen we absolutly have to pay taxes. Who's going to pay for our senator's private jets , when they fly home for their long weekends.......... every weekend. I dont make a sh!t load of money, but at the end of a week my taxes could be more than some one's pay check that same week.
what I'm trying to say is that I'm single and I dont have any kids the government is :ANAL: and it hurts!!! then I take what ever is left of that paycheck and spend it and the efin government gets me again, with sales tax, property tax, school tax, this tax, that tax, its efin crazy. oh yea this one really gets me: I buy a USED car (which someone all ready paid tax on it) and I got to pay tax on it AGAIN..........WTF!!!!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
This monday when I am on campus, I 'll take a look at the code book. Tax law is different than regular law, it also includes suggestions for interpratation and these suggestions have the same power as the actual law. If this guy was right dont you think everyone would be doing it. Most CPA have have gone through code from cover to cover. To become a CPA it is almost as hard as passing the BAR for lawyers, or passing the Board exams for a doctor.

Peace

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i serously doubt that most CPA's have actually gone through the tax law cover to cover... its like CFA's and Professional Engineers... theres things they are certified to do, but that doesnt' mean they know it all front to back.

since you're gonna check this out, heres a link that's a little more specific on what to look at:

http://www.taxableincome.net/861cons.pdf

·
Registered
81 Posts
This would mean that as long as the money that you are paid does not have international ties...can it be tax free? If that were the case then almost everyone is still taxable. As long as you receive some amount of money/goods from a non U.S. region you have to pay. It seems with the globalization of commerce we're all pretty screwed. The only way you could get away with it is if you sold lemonade at a lemonade stand grown from a lemon tree in your backyard, mixed with sugar canes you've grown in the same backyard, with water pumped from a well on your property. I think its all way too intermingled to effectively segregate where your money is coming from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts