Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would you think a buell blast is a good starter bike?? i can find one with about 2600 miles on it, its 500cc and its an 02...for about 1900...is it worth it to get that and have my girl learn how to ride onthat, or should i hold out and get her a 250...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Their not a bad bike at all. but look whats selling better in your area that way when she out grows it wont be as hard to resell it

·
Registered
293 Posts
You should be able to find Ninja 250's for that price or less if she wants something sporty-ish. Probably be more reliable and easier to find parts/accessories. We just got my girl a Virago 250 for her first bike. She loves it, and I like that it's a V-twin. Sounds better than a parallel or a single.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
She will love the torque, but does she really like the look of it? :puke:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Make sure you have a good dental plan because the Buell will vibrate your teeth loose. Anything that closely associated with Harley...is suspect.

I would go with a Ninja 250 or 500. The new Ninjas look good and will resell well.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
its a great bike if you want to learn to be a mechanic, i honestly think the buell's are a bit too torque'y for a starter bike.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I rode one in an MSF cours that I taught last year. It affected me so profoundly that I wrote a poem about it. I'll share it with you now:

The Blast,
Sucks ass.

Thanks,

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ha! That's more of a haiku I think! I rode a Nighthawk 250 when I took the MSF. That's another option. Although it would prob still be easier to find a Ninja.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I rode one in an MSF cours that I taught last year. It affected me so profoundly that I wrote a poem about it. I'll share it with you now:

The Blast,
Sucks ass.

Thanks,
lol:bootyshak

1 - 13 of 13 Posts