Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 and just installed: akrapovic slip, BMC racefilter, and PCIII. The people i bought it from preloaded a map for me before they sent it out. After riding it for a 500 miles i feel like it should have more power. Has anyone payed the extra money to dyno tune their bike? If so did you get better performance?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I really think it's worth the money. The mapping is custom for YOUR bike. So you'll get optimal gains in performance. Though I havent mapped mine yet (bmc race filter, arrow full exhaust, pc3) I am making it a point to get it done very shortly. I will say that the generic map online seems pretty effective for my setup. I can only imagine what a custom map will feel like.

I just dont think it's worth the prices a lot of places charge...$350+ is crazy.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Certainly worth the money. Did a full system then a downloaded map. 12K was really lean and I could easily feel it. Custom tune and I was good to go.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Worth every cent. The maps that are loaded on or downloaded from their website are garbage. Just make sure you are done with performance mods before you get it done so you dont need another.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I really think it's worth the money. The mapping is custom for YOUR bike. So you'll get optimal gains in performance. Though I havent mapped mine yet (bmc race filter, arrow full exhaust, pc3) I am making it a point to get it done very shortly. I will say that the generic map online seems pretty effective for my setup. I can only imagine what a custom map will feel like.

I just dont think it's worth the prices a lot of places charge...$350+ is crazy.
I think it is as well. Out here though they charge like 3-$400 for a dyno+tune. It's nuts. Plus they do altitude changes to it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got my custom map made in Seattle for $110 (9 dyno-runs!). Worth every penny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts