Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent had a problem with overheating almost never gets above 220deg but yesterday the freeway was jam packed going home and i was lane splitting at like 25 the whole way for about 7-8 miles in 1st gear (traffic was worst i have ever seen on the 8E good day to take the bike lol) anyways the temp got up to 230 and i know thats not really bad i was just wondering when i change to engine ice is my engine going to run cooler?

N

·
0 Posts
Not really.

If you're stuck in traffic and the bike's just sitting there it'll still reach those temps.

Only when you're constantly moving (fast) will you notice the temps drop by 5-10 degrees.

K

·
0 Posts
25 MPH in first gear?

jesus no wonder your bike is running so hot... tap up two gears for christ sake!

K

·
0 Posts
stock exhaust wanted to be herd not hit.
What?

engine was turing i think around 5g not 100% positive was looking more at the road and temp.
sounds about right. 5-5.5k RPM. still, that a tad high for just puttering don't you think? tap up to 2.5 to 3K (3rd or 4th gear) and you'll notice cooler temps. you're cutting the bangs per minute in half.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Engine Ice does not make my bike run any cooler . I think the water wetter & distilled water will allow it to run cooler. Water is best for cooling purposes . I have read that somewhere and I will go back to water wetter & water soon.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was lane splitting i want the higher rpms so i can be herd i dont want a car to cut infront of me and wipe me out i was doin about 25mph the whole way traffic was doin 10 stop and go. must have been a bad accident and shut down a few lanes and backed up traffic for 8+ miles cause its never that bad.

K

·
0 Posts
i was lane splitting i want the higher rpms so i can be herd i dont want a car to cut infront of me and wipe me out i was doin about 25mph the whole way traffic was doin 10 stop and go. must have been a bad accident and shut down a few lanes and backed up traffic for 8+ miles cause its never that bad.
if you think a loud exhaust is going to make Mr. Cadillac think twice about pulling out, you're sadly mistaken. when he shuts his door, he can't hear a friggin thing what's going on outside. hell i have a Cheap Trailblazer and i can barely hear a sport bike coming at me let alone behind me (where it's going to matter for you).

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you think a loud exhaust is going to make Mr. Cadillac think twice about pulling out, you're sadly mistaken. when he shuts his door, he can't hear a friggin thing what's going on outside. hell i have a Cheap Trailblazer and i can barely hear a sport bike coming at me let alone behind me (where it's going to matter for you).
i have been driving down here for about half a year and had the bike only about 3 months and when ever im sitting in traffic in the car and a bike come by you can hear it when its over 5 cars behind you when its turing a few K rpms. stock exhaust at 2-3k i doubt i would even hear till it was right next to me. i know its not going to keep every car from hitting me but it keeps just one it does its job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts