Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I'm installing a valentine one radar detector with the helmet indicator mainly to avoid the stupid 60 on 45 tickets, anyhow, my friend who's a long time rider said it would be gay. is it? maybe this should be a poll but I don't know how to do that

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's what I thought, avoiding one ticket is worth more than just the fine amount. and I always pull over I would never ever run from a cop, if I see the lights, that's it, I'm stopping

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm sorry, what I personally find gay are tickets and cops pulling me over... Now thats GAY! I'd say get the detector.

Install that bitch and tell me how it goes! I wanna get one myself.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I'm sorry, what I personally find gay are tickets and cops pulling me over... Now thats GAY! I'd say get the detector.

Install that bitch and tell me how it goes! I wanna get one myself.
you have posted quite a lot on here about things being gay.
latent tendencies perhaps.

of course, since i am one of those cops that is just doing the job that your tax payer dollars pay me to do, maybe i am a little biased.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

of course, since i am one of those cops that is just doing the job that your tax payer dollars pay me to do, maybe i am a little biased.
no offense cop, as mentioned above I would never run from cops and I appreciate the service but most tickets are gay, I get the concept, but it's being abused and it's a center for profit and more tax if you ask me

·
Registered
195 Posts
no offense cop, as mentioned above I would never run from cops and I appreciate the service but most tickets are gay, I get the concept, but it's being abused and it's a center for profit and more tax if you ask me
how are most tickets gay?

i think the "gay" tickets have nothing to do with radar detectors. the "gay" tickets are tickest for crooked license plates or "attempting to hide" the license plate (floridas wonderful new $1000+ ticket). but if you think speeding is a stupid ticket i think you should re-evaluate where and how you drive. if i go over 100 and get pulled over, i deserve it, and its a risk im willing to take if i go at those speeds.

if you like to go that fast that you need a radar detector, perhaps you should visit a track.

just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
^ agreed...cops give petty tickets these days ( not all of them )...but yea alot of cops give stupid tickets they forget that they are hear to make the USA a better place and not just give tickets for every law broken even if it is a stupid one... like parking or something

dam 9 members reading!!!.... anyway that radar jammer looks good dude 2 bad its 600$+

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think a 55 on a 45 ticket is gay, and i said I get the concept, the abuse is what I don't like, I don't do a 100 and if I did, I expect a justified ticket, but I don't appreciate the taxation, they suspend licenses after so many points, which is awesome, why take money too? I guarantee you the money is more of a motive for counties/cities than it is a deterant to drivers.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
LOL............ Post some more pics of your girl to prove your manly-hood. ( I did a quick search to see if I spelled that correctly, and I got the definition of ... man-hood) LOL ... you figure it out) :icon_lol:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hell yea can't wait till I get one go for the cheeta m25 i believe? not too sure its the motorcycle one w/ handlebar and helment LEDs and some. Let me know when you get one installed and how it goes!

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Cops. Love 'em, hate 'em, they'll still give you a ticket. The worst part is when some cock-bag cuts you off in their SUV forcing you to jam on the brakes, swerve and crash into a ditch. Meanwhile the cop behind you does nothing, honks at you for slamming on your brakes (why was he following that close anyway?), watches you hit the ditch and then gives you the finger and keeps driving. A douche-bag RCMP highway cop did that to me last year.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
yes

If your going too fast, it'll be too late, if not, you should be watching for them with your eyes.

I got three speeding tickets in my cage years ago when i bought a radar detector, I expected it to do the work for me.

Most of the cops will wait till your right on top of them to pull the trigger anyways.

Your eyes are your best cop detector

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If your not scanning ahead for potential dangers(cops, road surface, idiots, whatever) then that is pretty gay.

If you reserve your throttle therapy for well know back/not busy roads, and SCAN AHEAD you should be fine.
I have been.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts