Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is for our military members. OK I’m going to make this fast my daughter is dating a punk. Well I think he is a punk. He joined with the Air Force four years ago and so far that’s the best thing he has done. Now he has all these wild stories about going to Afghanistan and Iraq with Special Forces. I didn’t know the Air Force had a Special Forces unit? I’m rolling my eyes because he has long hair and a goatee and says that it’s a requirement to be in the Special Forces??? He is home a lot? I thought you had to be pretty gifted to get into the Special Forces. Second language, a special talent like being a great shot, etc., etc. I also thought that these guys had been in for a while so as to develop into the badass mothers that I know they are not some kid fours years out of High School? Please enlighten me. Am I being an over protective father? Is there anyway I can check him out? IF he is lying he is going to need the Special Forces to pull me off him.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Sounds like B.S. to me.

Anyways are you sure he is not Security Forces, if so he is full of $hit. In the AF the closes thing we have to special forces is Combat Controllers (air traffic controller) they call in air strikes, ect from the field, Pararescue these guys recover downed pilots, and lastly we have Tac B these guys work with the Army and also call in air strikes.

Also with the long hair, ect it sounds to me he is no longer in the military.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(Also with the long hair, ect it sounds to me he is no longer in the military.)

Thats what I'm thinking. I've been around Speical Forces persional on storys that I've worked on as a news photographer and he just does not come across as being able to hang with the likes of them. Whats up with the Pararescue guys? How long would it take to get into that unit?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was always told that the Pararescuers were the Air Force's "Elite Force", akin to the Navy Seals, Army Rangers, etc. I would seriously doubt from what you've said that he is one. Sounds like a typical poser to me....kick him an extra time for me.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
douglasgraham said:
(Also with the long hair, ect it sounds to me he is no longer in the military.)

Thats what I'm thinking. I've been around Speical Forces persional on storys that I've worked on as a news photographer and he just does not come across as being able to hang with the likes of them. Whats up with the Pararescue guys? How long would it take to get into that unit?

I believe it's one years worth of training.

http://www.pjassn.org/

http://www.pararescue.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=PJ

http://www.specialoperations.com/USAF/Pararescue/default.html

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK well he did train down in Florida but would they be using these guys in Iraq or Afghanistan? He is only 23 and I mean right out of High School. Here is an example of his brainpower. He thought that from Florida to Virginia was a different time zone? Sound like Special Forces to you?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
sounds like a total tool, off the loser. I did not go to AF, but was all set up to go and backed out at last minute, but my whole family is military and I can tell you he is FOS up to his eyes.

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
Yeap, i agree, the only thing i can think of where they would let him have his hair and everything like that might be OSI, but still yet i doubt it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Two things to find out for sure:

Get a copy of his DD 214, that's what you get when you leave service. It's a 'quick reference' of time in service.

Get his social security number and his date of birth and have the military records check them against his said service record.

Those two things will get the truth.

http://www.af.mil/faqs/topic.asp?id=4

Check that out and you'll have the truth.

·
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher
2,160 Posts
i cant really say much on this but here is my $0.02.

how is that guy with your daughter? what does your daughter think of him? no matter what he says you cant judge a book by its cover?

now about his giving you B.S, that is whole other story!! I dont know why he would tell you the go-arround. I think the reason for this would just be to impress you. I have never met anyone in the force, especially in SPECIAL FORCES, who has long hair. :bs:

anyways.... i would give the guy a chance, until he gives you a reson to hate his guts. just try talking to your daughter as well as the KID. i am sure if he really wants to be serious with your dauther he would have no problem explaining anything to you.

this is just what i think.... i am in the same situation, i dont ******** for have long hair. i dress everyday as though i had money... LMAO and maintain clean cut. my ladies father knows that i was a "hoe" in the past and now has LABELED me that. i have been with my girl for about 2 1/2 years now and till this day he does not want anything to do with me. He never gave me a chance to talk or even to get to know me. if i was not serious about his daughter, wouldnt have been show earlier and how is it that we have lasted this long??

sorry.. just had to let it out

·
Registered
735 Posts
He probably went to school for S.F. but flunked out, it sounds like he is bragging a lot i dont know of any navy seals that like to brag all that much, nor do any of them have long hair and facial hair. A lot of people start out in the military but then when they get kicked out, they make up stories because the truth sucks and they do not want to admitt it to themselves. If you listen to his stories and do some home work if he is lying you can catch him in his lie.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
~BLACK ICE~ said:
i cant really say much on this but here is my $0.02.

how is that guy with your daughter? what does your daughter think of him? no matter what he says you cant judge a book by its cover?

now about his giving you B.S, that is whole other story!! I dont know why he would tell you the go-arround. I think the reason for this would just be to impress you. I have never met anyone in the force, especially in SPECIAL FORCES, who has long hair. :bs:

anyways.... i would give the guy a chance, until he gives you a reson to hate his guts. just try talking to your daughter as well as the KID. i am sure if he really wants to be serious with your dauther he would have no problem explaining anything to you.

this is just what i think.... i am in the same situation, i dont ******** for have long hair. i dress everyday as though i had money... LMAO and maintain clean cut. my ladies father knows that i was a "hoe" in the past and now has LABELED me that. i have been with my girl for about 2 1/2 years now and till this day he does not want anything to do with me. He never gave me a chance to talk or even to get to know me. if i was not serious about his daughter, wouldnt have been show earlier and how is it that we have lasted this long??

sorry.. just had to let it out
Thanks bud, no kids yet, right?. I am giving him a chance but I'm pretty sure he is lying. This is called the part where you dig your own grave! I'm doing my homework before I show him that lying has no honor in it. As far as my daughter is concerned she is young and its my job to look out for her. Lets just say this will be talked about and I will be the judge of weather he sinks or swims with my family.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hmmm, good friend of mine is an army ranger. He said the only special ops that are usually allowed to leave their hair long are delta. Apparently they came through his base (when he was here in the states) once, long hair, beards and all. Said they didnt even salute the two star that was there as they walked past him.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jayock said:
Hmmm, good friend of mine is an army ranger. He said the only special ops that are usually allowed to leave their hair long are delta. Apparently they came through his base (when he was here in the states) once, long hair, beards and all. Said they didnt even salute the two star that was there as they walked past him.
But the Delta guys are older right? They become Delta Operators after long stints in the Rangers I think. All this adds up to, he is lying to impress and I suspect he is not even in the military anymore. I really don't want to "go there" as they say but some lessons are hard learned and I want my daughter to see that you have to listen to want people say and not believe all that you hear and read. It’s going to be hard on her as she really likes this kid a lot and he seems to be nice enough. I just cannot let the lying thing slide. Especially about military service.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
It'll come out in the wash eventually. Just listen carefully each time it's brought up and you'll probably catch on to changes in the story ect, then put him in his place. Just tell him straight up that he's just hurting his rep with you rather than making him look better with the BS stories.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I can tell you that most (99.9%) of guys who are in a special operations unit do not brag about being in a spec ops unit. The ones who brag are usually the ones who treid out but failed. They'll talk like they were in it, but when directly confronted they admit they never made it through due to injury/illness etc.

Any army personell can try out for Delta as long as they can pass the minumum PT requirements, this doesn't mean that they will make it. Delta are some bad mofo's that I wouldn't want to mess with.

Bottom line is the Spec ops community is known for being the "Silent Professionals" for a reason.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
we have special ops guys here at altus afb. they go by S.W.A.T. $hit.Water.And.Trash. They are the ones and come dump the piss cans, crappers (or honey buckets as we like to call them) and trash off our air planes. Then service them with fresh water. Maybe he was one of them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts