Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Is the statement "Its not IF you crash, its WHEN" true?

• Yes

Votes: 88 72.1%
  • No

Votes: 34 27.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any truth to the common adage "Its not IF you crash, its WHEN."
I personally do not give it any credit but what does everyone else think?
Please feel free to post comments on this...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Put it this way.. Do you know anyone that has been riding for over 10 years without having an incident?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i vote yes...how many people are going to go through their ENTIRE like without getting an a fender bender or a major accident in they 4 wheeled vechile. Same with a bike. You are going to get in a crash no matter what

D

·
0 Posts
I know some people who have been riding for years and not been down, but it will happen to everyone. I haven't been down yet, but I know it will happen eventually.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm sure there has been people who've gone their whole motorcyclist lives with out a crash but sure the percentage of those people is absurdly low, but for the mass majority I'm gonna go with "its when"

D

·
0 Posts
I'm sure there has been people who've gone their whole motorcyclist lives with out a crash but sure the percentage of those people is absurdly low, but for the mass majority I'm gonna go with "its when"
Those are people who probably got a bike, rode it, then sold it before the had the chance to crash.

Lets face it, Rossi has crashed dozens of times. No one is immune.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Those are people who probably got a bike, rode it, then sold it before the had the chance to crash.

Lets face it, Rossi has crashed dozens of times. No one is immune.
lol come on, there's got to be at least one person (prob not a track guy) in the world who rode regularly and has never crashed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm saying no...

It's all about how and where you ride.
To push the limit is to know the limit.

That said, I'm SO gonna crash some day....

D

·
0 Posts
lol come on, there's got to be at least one person (prob not a track guy) in the world who rode regularly and has never crashed.
Maybe one or two, but you never intend to crash. There's always cars who don't see you, cars you don't see, and sand or gravel on the road you didn't see. All it takes is even a small patch of oil on a painted line to go down.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Maybe one or two, but you never intend to crash. There's always cars who don't see you, cars you don't see, and sand or gravel on the road you didn't see. All it takes is even a small patch of oil on a painted line to go down.
Oh, I was by no means talking about me, I've already crashed lol. Back wheel got away from me on black ice while cornering in the parking lot i was practicing in and laid the bike down, wasn't that bad, but Im sure it won't be the last time. I know you gotta always expect it because to think otherwise is just retarded, but I was just saying I'm sure there is a very limited amount of people who haven't but for the most part we all are going to eventually.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm saying no...

It's all about how and where you ride.
To push the limit is to know the limit.

That said, I'm SO gonna crash some day....
Hmm.. Contradiction?? What? I don't really understand that. I believe the saying is true. There is something that is called "accidents." No one plans on it or wants it, but it just happens.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I personally don't believe in it because you are jinxing yourself if you do. Of course people get in accidents/crash, but i'm sure there are some out there who are fortunate enough and still haven't.

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
been down twice

·
Registered
305 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but real riders worship the ground their bike roll on. The only way to do that is to get off your bike while its rolling and roll around a couple times.

·
Registered
30 Posts
there's 2 types of riders:

those that have gone down...and those that will go down.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
or weekend warriors who only get in a few miles on the weekend and call themselves bikers can probly never go down but a daily rider... the odds are against it, oil spots, dirt, debris, taxi's, cagers texting, drunks

and the list goes on... the only chance you have is to keep yer eye on everyone else and always expect the unexpected

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Been down 3 times...If you ride, you will probably go down. I think more apt is:

Dress for the fall not for the ride!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I know several good riders and most of them all say the same thing. "if I go down it's cause of someone else". It's just inevitable a factor will eventually catch up with you. Like someone said the number of people who haven't been down over there entire time riding is sooo low.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts