Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been contemplating on whether or not i should even bring this topic up but i have to to find out. please bare with me.

does anyone in here ever get the feeling of NOT getting on the bike? there are days when things just don't seem right to get on the bike...

for example: from time to time...i don't feel right about riding and when i do...and that's when things seem to happen in turn for the bad...every time i've drop the bike (always minor), its when i SOMETHING doesn't feel right...

my parents and friends are always saying to be careful on it...its just seems like its all a sign for me to do something about.

does this happen to anyone else?

- D "crazy"

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yea...the day I lowsided I KNEW I was gonna have some sort of accident...it was really weird. I thought I was the only one who gets like that hahaha

·
BOTM 12/ 07 My Kickstand is up
10,565 Posts
i get this feeling most of the time ...

... when it seems the weather will be turning bad soon
... when i'm about to go on a long trip
... when i'm about to pick up a passenger
... when i know wherever it is i am going doesn't have a garage
... when i hear about fellow riders that have gone down

... the list goes on and on , and so much goes through my mind , especially my family , friends , and myself . thing is , you will never really know what will happen to you at any given moment whether you are on your bike or not . i could have gotten into an accident riding around yesterday and i could have gotten into one when i rolled off the bed this morning . look past on your fear and enjoy the day is all i can say :wink: ... wear your gear ... hope for the best , and plan for the worst

V

·
0 Posts
:Stupid:
I'll have to agree with what xmalambotzx said. It can happen anytime, but if you are getting a really bad feeling, listen to it. ... if not, you will be out on your bike riding around just thinking about that bad feeling and that will distract you and cause you trouble.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Yea, I been riding for a LONG time now, I`d be lying if I said I never got that feeling. Sometimes I think about that the night before I ride, but it just makes me more focused when I do go out. If you give in to it, you`ll get out less and less as the years go by. I`ve never had that feeling right before getting on the bike though. There`s an old saying, if your mind is convinced something bad is going to happen, it will usually find a way to make it a reality. Be careful, stay sharp and focused. I like to ride alone so I can focus on what I`m doing and not worry about others with me.

Dfs600rr, if I jinxed myself by responding to your post, I`ll blame you!!! j/k :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think the feelings you are having are more than normal! especially if you are all street riding. This wonderful sport of ours take many many lives every year all over the world.ITs a bloody shame!!!! Would it be worth dying over??? Well we all take the chance and some more than others.If you love this more than anything but feel torn just look into what you can do to ride safe.If you are a beginner then the odds are of hitting the road are better. I have 2 kids and feel a bit worried every time I start puting on my leathers and am so glad eveytime I get back.Nothing is worth losing your life(unless its protecting your family or kids) For me I been riding non stop since I was 7 years old and now I am 30.I cant quit but I sure the hell have matured as a motorcyle driver.
Hope this helped you out
you are not alone

·
Registered
233 Posts
Oh yes and one last thing
Ride when you feel mentally good.
Not after a big fight with the girlfriend
or when you feel down or just having a bad day.
Being mentally 100% there will make the difference.
I know that if I dont fell 100% I ride my bike like its a moped.

·
Registered
391 Posts
bigdaddy said:
That's the best advice I've heard in a while. Riding is a highly cerebral activity and you need to be focused. The most potent machinery, the best gear, none of it matters if your heasd isn't into what you're doing. I actually have a pre-ride/post-ride routine that allows me to get myself ready for what I'm about to do. I'm sure it sounds silly, but by spending 5 or 10 min prior to and after each ride I prepare myself mentally for the ride and then gives me a chance to go review the ride when its over all making a mental note of areas that I need to improve or small mistakes that I need to correct before the next ride, while performing the basic good sense pre-ride/post-ride checks of the motorcycle.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Felt that way yesterday. Rode 250 miles but rode real slow and real careful and just enjoyed being out in the sun shine. Great thread.

·
Registered
188 Posts
About the bad feelings. If you think you are going down. You will probably 90% go down. So if you get thous bad feelings stay of your bike if you can! Its not worth your life... Never gotten that feeling yet, but i will probably get it sometime in the future! :shock:
RiDe Safe! never thought of this.. "rIDE"... = DIE R(R) Or R1, R6 scary!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
bigdaddy said:
Oh yes and one last thing
I know that if I dont fell 100% I ride my bike like its a moped.
Hmm, I actually feel the need to go ride after bad things like this happen...ie: arguements, bad days, etc... But I don't concentrate on those things when I'm riding, I concentrate on riding and that's all. Usually by the end of the ride, I'm in a much better mood because I've been thinking about riding and not the other stuff and I'm able to put the other things into better perspective after the ride.
As for bad feeling about something that's going to happen on the ride; I'd have to say I've honestly never had them....weird. I do however get really anxious about my bike when it's left somewhere.... My biggest fear is always getting back and it not being there, or it laying on it's side, or just being messed up in some way. Not really sure why I worry about this, I have good insurance and have never had something like this happen before, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

·
BOTM 12/ 07 My Kickstand is up
10,565 Posts
Hmm, I actually feel the need to go ride after bad things like this happen...ie: arguements, bad days, etc... But I don't concentrate on those things when I'm riding, I concentrate on riding and that's all. Usually by the end of the ride, I'm in a much better mood because I've been thinking about riding and not the other stuff and I'm able to put the other things into better perspective after the ride.
i do this too , a lot ... but i always make sure that my mind is on my riding ... it feels good doing this , kind of like sleeping on the problem only you're awake :wink:

I do however get really anxious about my bike when it's left somewhere.... My biggest fear is always getting back and it not being there, or it laying on it's side, or just being messed up in some way. Not really sure why I worry about this, I have good insurance and have never had something like this happen before, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
in the same boat as you man :|

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had the feeling Friday but I disobeyed it. :bitchslap: Ended up dropping it in the dirt at like 0mph trying to steer around my girlfriends car in the driveway. No damage to the bike, only to my pride. :oops:

Be careful out there. It can happen anywhere.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I do however get really anxious about my bike when it's left somewhere.... My biggest fear is always getting back and it not being there, or it laying on it's side, or just being messed up in some way. Not really sure why I worry about this, I have good insurance and have never had something like this happen before, so it shouldn't be a big deal.[/quote]

I agree. I'm so affraid that something is going to happen to the bike but I still get that weird fearfull feeling sometimes. I just try to figure out why i'm feeling like that and talk myself through it. Normally it works and I end up having a great ride.

"Fear is derived by thoughts of death...thus... Make peace with death and the fear will dissappear."

·
Registered
383 Posts
it usually helps me to go out and clear my head after a fight with the girl or just a bad day at work. i just don't go into back roads or anything that is going to take my full attention. i usually won't ride wheni get the feeling you are talking about. but i have to admit that some of the times that i said to myself not to ride have turned out to be the best rides. the girl is starting to get to me about going out when im mad. but if i listened to her the bike would be gone by now. i would say if it don't feel right find the other hobby that won't hurt you for that time to pass. i go out and clean my car......nothing helps though like going to shooting range and shootn' it up!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Usually when i have that feeling i dont ride...because i know i wont enjoy it out there. I hate riding when i dont feel comfortable on the bike, i feel like im brand new. But when i feel like riding, fully leathered up, im so comfortable on the bike, i feel like i can make it do anything.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
This feeling goes with all things we do, at least for me. I get that feeling before some hockey games. One sunday last year I had that feeling and it was strong, but in hockey you can't give in to those fears. When I arrived at the game, to make things worse, we were scheduled to play on rink 1. (figure skating and public skating rink--ice is crap) This made the feeling even stronger. Well, mid-way through the 2nd period, I ate a puck to the face. Shattered my nose and opened my face up good. You could put 2 fingers through my face into my mouth. That time the feeling was right! It is our natural instinct as humans to get these feelings when going into a dangerous situation. You have to listen to them, but do not give into them. To fear life is not to live.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It's your spider sense LOL. I don't necessarily get feelings like that but sometimes I get on my bike and ride like I've never ridden a bike ever before. I can't get it to turn, no confidence, it's very weird, and my Buddies are all like where the heck were you back there? Then there is days where I'm a friggin god...well not really but you know what I mean.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts