Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I just got back on the road with my bike.. and i can't help having this twitch to sell it and get a ducati hypermotard... is this just a phase? anyone ridden one of these? any experiences on motard vs. 600rr?

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hey fellas, I just got back on the road with my bike.. and i can't help having this twitch to sell it and get a ducati hypermotard... is this just a phase? anyone ridden one of these? any experiences on motard vs. 600rr?
Two of my riding buddies have Hypermotards and they like them but one of them says he liked his DRZ better and the other is thinking about a totally different bike next. I rode his once and didn't really like the ergonomics especially in full leathers, it's personal preference though. Some guys really love them and they can be very fast in the right hands. Go to the dealership and try one out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would rather save some money and get a pimped out DRZ. Were you thinking the 1098 hyper or the little brother? I was told by someone that owns both not to waste my time with the smaller...

·
Registered
655 Posts
I haven't ridden the bigger brother, but little brother was crazy fun. Kind of like riding a dirt bike on the street but man you feel like you can take on anything on it. Anyone know how they handle on a canyon run though compared to the RR. I have considered making it a second bike

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I would call it a phase. Look around some of the shops at other bikes and the want for something else will arrise.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I had the opportunity to ride a hypermotard on a local twisty road last year. There was a Ducati Demo day in my town and I thought, "What the hell, why not?" So I went down there, signed my life away, sat through the briefing on how we should ride, then set off. Let me tell you, it was a freakin blast for riding around town!! Torque everywhere, great brakes (Brembo made on the model I rode), smooth clutch, upright ergos, typical Ducati build quality, and a great sound! Once the control riders were out of sight dealing with babysitting slower riders and people who were having trouble, most of us were experimenting with the bike's front wheel lofting capabilities and it's immense stopping power....It was awesome!

Then I got back on my bike and felt at home again. Overall, when I had some time to consider the Hypermotard vs my RR, I determied that if you had the $$ to go blow on one as a second bike, and not have to finance it at all? Go for it! Otherwise, not worth it. It makes for an amazing bike around town, and is still a blast on backroads, but it didn't feel as precise and racey and the RR. Granted, I didn't get to ride it on a track, but as far as road use goes, and given how much it costs new...I'd say maybe rent one or try one out a stealership, but don't throw down for one unless you've got $$ to blow, and don't mind being a traitor....:crackup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts