Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
. If you see me wearing my Tshirt in the scorching days and try to judge me, you are probably gravely mistaken.
mistaken at what? It's not judging that you're a bad guy or something. NO matter what you say, if you take a spill and have a t shirt and slide around, your skin won't be looking so great. If you had a jacket, your skin would be in better shape period. Now, add shorts and flip flops to the mix and see the risks there. THe mindset of a rider with gear who sees you would most likely pass judgement that you took a foolish risk in the event of a spill or a wreck. That's it. Now those that say you're an idiot etc shouldn't take it that far. My post was to point out how surprising the lack of gear is not why doesn't everyone wear it. it's one thing to see a few tshirts but another to see all tshirts and sneakers everywhere at least where I am.

·
Registered
431 Posts
mistaken at what? It's not judging that you're a bad guy or something.
Judging as in if i dont wear full leathers, then i cant ride a bike properly.

NO matter what you say, if you take a spill and have a t shirt and slide around, your skin won't be looking so great. If you had a jacket, your skin would be in better shape period. Now, add shorts and flip flops to the mix and see the risks there. THe mindset of a rider with gear who sees you would most likely pass judgement that you took a foolish risk in the event of a spill or a wreck. That's it. Now those that say you're an idiot etc shouldn't take it that far. My post was to point out how surprising the lack of gear is not why doesn't everyone wear it. it's one thing to see a few tshirts but another to see all tshirts and sneakers everywhere at least where I am.
You see, we are all aware of this. Most of us have actually taken a spill or 2 on the ground. We are all big boys and dont need anyone telling us what to do. I wear my gear when its bearable which is 90% of the time for me so its not like i never wear any. I wasnt pointing to your post really when posting, the complaints was for people trying to "enforce" gear on people.

I know what your talking about when you say people dont wear it...trust me...im from Texas. Land of the Harley riders and the state of no helmet law. Each person has their own reason why they dont wear all the gear. I dont agree with most of them but i still respect them.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Sweat dries in 10 to 15 minutes..........Road rash sometimes takes surgery after surgery to repair and you will never, never be the same. To each their own, but I'm protecting myself with gear..........especially my furry, furry arms.......:crackup:

see this thread for the reference to my arms.....
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=286767

·
Registered
420 Posts
And when you have hot air blowing directly on your skin or the hot sun beating down on you at stoplights it actually heats your body up because it dries your skin out. Not to mention you feel hotter with a blow dryer on you than protected with a jacket and/or pants. Mother nature makes our bodies sweat for a reason. Bedouins living in the desert cover their bodies with black (not white) robes for a reason, and it's not just to prevent sunburn. When I see riders dressed like squids I shake my head not only because of the safety aspect but because of their ignorance on everything posted above.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Its a free country, you can be an idiot and ride with no gear. I dont recommend it. Stupid is stupid does.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Itt's an indefensible argument. If you ride dressed as a squdidiot, you are NOT a fully competent, serious rider. And you're advertising your incompetence for all to see.

Full stop, end of story.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So what you're saying is - everybody that does not where full gear is an idiot? If I were to try to ride like I was in an actual MotoGP race, yes I would wear full gear. If I were to go out and buy a Chevy Impala, I'm certainly not going to go buy a pair of Simpson racing shoes and a fire suit made by God knows who and Simpson helmet and HANs device. Why? BECAUSE I'M NOT A NASCAR DRIVER. And buying a Chevy, Dodge, Ford, or Toyota does not make me one nor does it make me drive like one. So, buying a Honda CBR or an R1 or Hz or a 'Busa does NOT make me a MotoGP rider. I AM a fully competent rider and fully aware of the power the machine has. I am also fully aware of the risk that I am taking by not wearing a complete Joe Rocket, Alpinestars, Vanson, or Speed and Strength ensemble. I also know MY limitations. Last time I checked, it was about riding.....not a farkin fashion show. Worry about your own skills before you worry about how I'm dressed. That you way, you look and sound alot less like the idiot that you so freely call other riders.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Idc if this is off topic I'm too lazy to read from the start lol but do the protective vests actually provide any protection? Cuz it is hot out now and I don't wear gear although I know I should have something..

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
on my way to work this morning I saw a guy riding an R1 in a suit, full collar & tie job, shiney businessman shoes, no gloves, at least he was wearing a helmet

:retard:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Always wear gear.
Helmet is minimal. Here in hawaii, people are wearing no helmet, slippers, tank tops... true squids.
i usually wear my gloves pants and helmet, i try to wear my jacket.
People who dont wear them are just making bad statistics for us as a whole and for our insurance to go up as well as image of bikers to be bad.

Reactions: ridesc

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hrm. I just let people live their lives and i don't try to live it for them. I hate when people see someone without full gear and say "squid" because thats not really what the term means. People just like to stretch the term to make themselves seem better then others i think. I ride with anyone who enjoys riding as much as i do. I have cruiser friends who dont wear helmets and although i strongly advise them getting one, i still ride very carefully with them.

Im no AMA racer at all but i have become pretty decent over the past year while attending every track day i can. If you see me wearing my Tshirt in the scorching days and try to judge me, you are probably gravely mistaken.

Also, how do you "suck" at riding? Some people arnt really worried about how well they can throw a bike around a track, do a wheelie, or slow speed maneuver. Some just like to get on it and ride for the sake of being in a peaceful state of mind and loving riding.

If we are talking about the people who does really stupid stuff on bikes, then no, i dont ride with them. They are not true riders, and just do it to show off and seem BA. Google the adrenaline crew and see what im talking about.

Let people enjoy bikes for their own reasons. Dont be an eletist.
Very well said. I ride because I love to ride. That's it. I'm not a pro racer nor do I want to be. I'm not a stunter. I never will or want to be. I ride because I like to. Everyone on this site thinks because they ride at a track that they are a pro and EVERYONE should be in full gear. It's a choice. Let people where what they want for f*cks sake. Who cares.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That is the biggest and weirdest quirk I have noticed around here.

It's almost like people are more passionate at finding people without gear than they are about wearing the gear themselves.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I am always shocked by the number of people that don't wear gloves.

Even if you live in an area where it is hot, you can at least wear a textile jacket. I know some people don't own cars but when it gets to hot for you to tolerate wearing gear, drive a car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
If I were to go out and buy a Chevy Impala, I'm certainly not going to go buy a pair of Simpson racing shoes and a fire suit made by God knows who and Simpson helmet and HANs device. Why? BECAUSE I'M NOT A NASCAR DRIVER. So, buying a Honda CBR or an R1 or Hz or a 'Busa does NOT make me a MotoGP rider. I AM a fully competent rider and fully aware of the power the machine has. I am also fully aware of the risk that I am taking by not wearing a complete Joe Rocket, Alpinestars, Vanson, or Speed and Strength ensemble. I also know MY limitations. Last time I checked, it was about riding.....not a farkin fashion show. Worry about your own skills before you worry about how I'm dressed. That you way, you look and sound alot less like the idiot that you so freely call other riders.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
as my post stated in my area. This guy is in my area as the location says. The highlights show how comical this guy is. You sir mentioned a chevy impala, your awareness of the power of the bike and a fashion show. To prove?? None of that matters when an accident occurs:retard:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I am always shocked by the number of people that don't wear gloves.

Even if you live in an area where it is hot, you can at least wear a textile jacket. I know some people don't own cars but when it gets to hot for you to tolerate wearing gear, drive a car.
I wore mine till i lost them out of my pockets trying to out run rain. But imo gloves are not a safetly device? My hands are the least of my worries. the gloves will protect from rash but thats it. Not to worried about my hands that i think i need gloves to ride a motorcycle. Not like people die from hand damage. or get hospitalized even

·
Registered
83 Posts
as my post stated in my area. This guy is in my area as the location says. The highlights show how comical this guy is. You sir mentioned a chevy impala, your awareness of the power of the bike and a fashion show. To prove?? None of that matters when an accident occurs:retard:
Whatever....I wore the same attire for 13 years riding a Harley. I'm not going out and buy all new riding gear because I got a new bike. If your in my area, come ride with me. You'll notice that I don't ride like it's the final lap at Isle of Man TT road course, you won't see me doing wheelies in traffic, or sticking and moving and like a running back going for a touchdown. Or, you can call me squid, retard, idiot or whatever else you want while I continue to have fun and enjoy my life and not care what everyone else is wearing.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Whatever....I wore the same attire for 13 years riding a Harley. I'm not going out and buy all new riding gear because I got a new bike. If your in my area, come ride with me. You'll notice that I don't ride like it's the final lap at Isle of Man TT road course, you won't see me doing wheelies in traffic, or sticking and moving and like a running back going for a touchdown. Or, you can call me squid, retard, idiot or whatever else you want while I continue to have fun and enjoy my life and not care what everyone else is wearing.
+1000000 I hate the squid police on this forum. It's funny sometimes to see flip flops no shirt and no helmet on a bike. I'll chuckle but I don't get all bent outta shape because of it. Who cares. It doesn't affect me. And if everyone wore gear our insurance rates wouldnt drop. That's a stupid argument. People die on motorcycles alot. People get hurt on motorcycles alot. Trust me the insurance companies would not care if we all wore gear or not it's still a risk. If they cared they would give a discount for gear like they do with everything else

·
Registered
127 Posts
+1000000 I hate the squid police on this forum. It's funny sometimes to see flip flops no shirt and no helmet on a bike. I'll chuckle but I don't get all bent outta shape because of it. Who cares. It doesn't affect me. And if everyone wore gear our insurance rates wouldnt drop. That's a stupid argument. People die on motorcycles alot. People get hurt on motorcycles alot. Trust me the insurance companies would not care if we all wore gear or not it's still a risk. If they cared they would give a discount for gear like they do with everything else

I assume you also approve of people who don't wear seatbelts, or don't have airbags...

Your right, its their life. You'd think they would have more self respect.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

41 - 60 of 96 Posts