Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I assume you also approve of people who don't wear seatbelts, or don't have airbags...

Your right, its their life. You'd think they would have more self respect.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App
Not wearing a seat belt is against the law. A cop will care. Doesn't affect me so no I don't care. What r u gonna do next. Tell people how long to water there lawn cuz were low on water. Sell there truck cuz there wasting gas. Tell a guy to not run down the stairs cuz its dangerous. Do u care if I run with scissors? Does that bug u. Get out of your kindergarten world and mind ur own business. I almost always ride with gear on but when I don't just leave me alone. Keep ur thoughts to yourself unless ur mother.

Thank you and have a nice day

End of my rant

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wear a helmet gloves jeans t shirt (sometimes a jacket) and normally skate shoes. I've wrecked with a basketball Jersey on and I've wrecked in gear. Under 40mph(i like wheelies). Looped it once and tip sensor got me once. Little more road rash obviously. I don't see how people can go out and shorts no shirt and flip flops though. At least wear a lid!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Not really asian
677 Posts
If the harley riders can get to 60-70 years old without full leathers, racing boots and not riding like a complete retard, then I probably can too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Always gloves

I wore mine till i lost them out of my pockets trying to out run rain. But imo gloves are not a safetly device? My hands are the least of my worries. the gloves will protect from rash but thats it. Not to worried about my hands that i think i need gloves to ride a motorcycle. Not like people die from hand damage. or get hospitalized even

Dude I am all about letting people ride with whatever gear they choose to ride with but no gloves...??? Not a chance, If you go down and rash your hands up your life is gonna be so miserable. Imagine not being able to use your hands why they heal... it hurts to hold a fork and eat, thats even if you can close your hand, what about the fun stuff like playing with your ol lady :spank:... not gonna happen. I cant stand the thought of having hands covered in rash bandaged up and useless for god knows how long.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not wearing a seat belt is against the law. A cop will care. Doesn't affect me so no I don't care. What r u gonna do next. Tell people how long to water there lawn cuz were low on water. Sell there truck cuz there wasting gas. Tell a guy to not run down the stairs cuz its dangerous. Do u care if I run with scissors? Does that bug u. Get out of your kindergarten world and mind ur own business. I almost always ride with gear on but when I don't just leave me alone. Keep ur thoughts to yourself unless ur mother.

Thank you and have a nice day

End of my rant

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
What does the law have to do with it? Yes, there are these things called water restrictions... and Grammar... and common sense.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Squids have been out in full force around here with the 90F-100F temps as of late.

Can't do much to change their behavior until they actually encounter a "situation" that changes their preference for wearing gear.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
I would say about 90% or higher around here do not wear any gear at all. I mean anyone on any type of motorcycle. Mostly what you see around here are the cruiser or harley types. Harlery riders never wear helmets or any other type of gear. A small percentage of the cruiser types or the comfort bikes will wear helmets and jackets. I did a lot of driving yesterday and saw a lot of bikes and just took mental notes of who wore gear and who was not. Did not see many sportbikes but the ones I did had on the classic helmet with a Tshirt and shorts, or no helmet at all. I have a co worker with a TL 1000 and he wears a jacket, helmet and gloves but hes the most geared up person I see on a regular basis

·
BOTM Winner 09/14
1,927 Posts
Meh I don't really wear gear in Texas during the summer unless I'm doing some hard riding

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
this is just another thread about the same topic, with the same arguements.

only difference is more people are voicing their opinions about being under-geared. <--- notice i didn't use the term squid? because (IMO) the definition of squid is someone who drives to endanger those around him. eg. swerving in out of traffic, wheelies in traffic or around homes, lane splitting (yes i know its legal in some states, but i wouldn't do it).

i wear my helmet, but sometimes skip the jacket, and boots. if i die because of it then so be it. in hundred years nobody will give a cr*p.:cruising:

regardless of your personal choice in gear, ride safe and watchout for the texters, and chicks putting on make-up

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Here in NH there's no helmet law, and there's a ton of Harley dealerships so the streets are filled with harley riders who 4/5 times are wearing nothing more than shorts/jeans and a tshirt with sneakers. A lot of them are quite old too, which makes you think that it seems like a lot of accidents occur more often with sportbike riders than cruisers. Could be complete BS, but these guys have been riding for 20+ years without a single accident. Probably because with their bikes, they're not really "pushing" very hard vs just enjoying the ride.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Dude I am all about letting people ride with whatever gear they choose to ride with but no gloves...??? Not a chance, If you go down and rash your hands up your life is gonna be so miserable. Imagine not being able to use your hands why they heal... it hurts to hold a fork and eat, thats even if you can close your hand, what about the fun stuff like playing with your ol lady :spank:... not gonna happen. I cant stand the thought of having hands covered in rash bandaged up and useless for god knows how long.
im not a pansy. If rash happens it happens. O no i wont be able to do anything, sounds like the american way to me these days so why not get on board right? if i crash, my hands are the least of my worries.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Riding gear is for people who don't know how to ride. I would ride naked if I could, that's how good I am :cool:.

Jk I always wear my gear. Two concussion (one mild and the other bad) , one broken arm and wrist from racing motocross has only made me appreciate wearing my gear even more.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Its been driving me nuts man. I even get pissed when I see girls riding Vespa's trying to look cute with zero protective gear except a half face helmet. I see so many people riding without gear! Especially at the gym lately people have beem rolling up in basketball shorts, wifebeater and a helmet :gun1:

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
So I say if they wanna ride without gear, so be it. It's their choice. I think its a bad idea, but to each their own.

But for those of you that are arguing against wearing gear, know your audience. On here, you're gonna get guys like me who have been down without gear, and have lived through the repercussions. It sucks. A lot. And I'll tell you to stop whining about it being hot out or an inconvenience and just put your stuff on just like you'll tell me to stop whining about road rash. Go down at 60 because some cager was ignorant and then argue for riding without gear.

Or your gonna get new riders who don't know any better. How about not advocating unsafe riding? You can do what you want, but that's your choice. Just don't act like your example might not lead someone else to do the same thing and end up in hurt.

And remember, its not always you who has control over what happens on the roads while you are riding. True story.

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
many/most newer riders that have never been down; just don't get how much damage can occur even @ speeds under 40mph. your skin isn't exactly replaceable & many times their learning happens after the fact. for me, if it's too hot to wear full gear it's too hot to ride. rarely is this an issue though, even in 100+ degree weather. i have a cooling vest. i have to keep rewetting it, but have had it so kewl that i needed to remove it. i thought cooling in refrigerator would be a good idea. nope, too cold...
i live in n.w. & literally saw a person w/shower shoes/flip flops/shorts & wife beater w/beanie type helmet. he was riding an r1 :retard:
many peeps don't think the expense of buying quality gear is worth it to them; til they've run into a guard rail & are dealing w/the possibility of losing a limb or worse.
even if you paid 2k$ for helmet/gloves/jacket/pant/or one piece. saving your skin once will more than pay for the equipment & what value would you place on your brain. certainly worth more than 2k to me

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
im not argueing for or against. Either way is the way to go for whoever. As long as their is a helmet involved who cares

61 - 80 of 96 Posts