Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend recently converted his 07 gsxr because the throttle turn was less. I was wondering if its possible to do the same mod on an 03 RR? has anyone done this? Is there a point on the RR or is the throttle turn the same?

K

·
0 Posts
like a 1/5 twist throttle? sure. you'll need one designed for the cbr600rr though. I think Brad @ Superbikesupply.com has the means to get the HRC throttle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wouldnt be able to just buy the R1 tubing and put it on? thats what my friend did, but that was on a gixxer. Its a cheap mod and you get the feel of more power. I think the R1 throttle is only like $15 canadian.

K

·
0 Posts
i wouldnt be able to just buy the R1 tubing and put it on? thats what my friend did, but that was on a gixxer. Its a cheap mod and you get the feel of more power. I think the R1 throttle is only like $15 canadian.
No idea, i've never done cross dressing parts. i'd just buy a throttle designed for the bike. the cables might be slightly different, slightly longer, slightly... wrong. doesn't matter, if it wrong it's wrong.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
i doubt it the cabling is differnt its pretty standard stuff, unless its an 07 r1 then it might be differnt but even then i would imagine the cables at the twist throttle are the same

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
so you guys are saying that this mod should work if I get an 06 R1 throttle tube?

not really sure but it's an interesting idea.

Why not just try it and let us know if it is possible.... It's only $15 like you said, it's not like your gonna lose your house if it don't work.

try it bro, thats how sh!t is discovered and thats what makes this place so knowledgable:spin:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
There are lots of options. I bought a little piece of plastic (don't remember the website but do a search on here for quick turn throttle and you'll find mention of it) and it works great. You can also go the HRC route, and I believe yoyodyne makes one now too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts