Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, here's a fun little "battery won't stay charged" story. I just changed out the thermostat due to a massive overheating problem on a hot day. That was the easy part. After getting it all back together, the bike wouldn't start. So I charged the battery, got the 05-06 rectifier and put her all back together. The bike still will not hold a charge even with a newerish battery, full charge and all that. I think the only thing left to change is the stator. I know they can get all screwed up as well. Am I way off base? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Follow the electrical charging system tests in the workshop manual to find your problem.
You will need a multimeter that measures volts, ohms, and milliamps.

If you do not have a manual, Google 03/04 CBR600RR workshop manual and you will find links to go to to down load it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Either you have a bad battery if it's not holding a charge, or you have something drawing power from the battery even when the bike is turned off. Something like an alarm or something.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay all, here's what I got figured out. I charged the battery for 10 hours, despite my charger lying to me. I got the new rectifier in and undid the 3rd eye, plate lights and high beams are all off. I got the bike running, took it out for a 20-30 minute ride through the back woods here. Bike starts fine, no more issues. I think some of the extra stuff was draining the battery. Seems to be good. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts