Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2005 Honda CBR600RR from someone used. It’s not perfect but it was at a decent price. The good thing about it for me was the person I bought it from had it lowered which is good because I’m short. I was doing some extra research about other CBR models and was having a little bit of buyers remorse. I’ve read that the 07-08 models are redesigned and are overall a better bike but I was wondering if it is worth justifying selling the 05 and spending a bit more on an 07-08 model or just keep the 05 and upgrade it along the way.

Any inputs would be appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you like the 05 keep what you have. They're not that different for the typical street rider (i.e. almost everyone).

You never end up spending just a little more when changing bikes. There's new tax, new reg., higher insurance etc. Plus you'll have to pay to have the new bike lowered (at least a lowering link).

Drive the hell out of the 05 while planning for your next bike.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I had an 06 and an 07. Night and day. If you can afford an 07/08 you won’t be disappointed I can tell you that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
The 05 is an awesome bike, and looks a lot better than the next gen design imo. If you always have to have the "better" stuff you'll never be happy. There's always going to be a "better" version out there, and if there isn't there will be soon. Love the one you're with.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Yes. From weight perspective, it's lighter and much more narrow, less bulky. I went from 2006 to 2009 and it's already a big difference. I do hate the extra fairing that it comes with covering the engine. It's such a PITA to work on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2005 Honda CBR600RR from someone used. It’s not perfect but it was at a decent price. The good thing about it for me was the person I bought it from had it lowered which is good because I’m short. I was doing some extra research about other CBR models and was having a little bit of buyers remorse. I’ve read that the 07-08 models are redesigned and are overall a better bike but I was wondering if it is worth justifying selling the 05 and spending a bit more on an 07-08 model or just keep the 05 and upgrade it along the way.

Any inputs would be appreciated! Thank you!
The 08 model is the best and fastest model Honda has ever made. I would definitely trade up..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts