Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Own a 2006 cbr 600
Today went out and turned bike on and lights flickered and bike couldnt turn over cuz battery was almost completely dead. It has been roughly 2 weeks sense last start. I jump start it and runs fine and charges itself after i ride for 5 min. Come back to bike starts fine and no issues. Next day no issues. It does however completely drain in 2 weeks of no starting. Is this common or should a battery last longer then that. Do i invest in a new one?

·
Registered
714 Posts
how bout you invest in riding it more.. so the battery doesnt drain :) or you can get that battery tender trickler thingy i dont know anything about. Why u b disrespecting the honda like that? its like not feeding a dog for a few days or so... why even get a dog then? (rhetorical questions)

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Yeah can't hurt to throw a battery in there that's more with the times.

I don't know about that.....the last time I got a battery it was over $100 or maybe I got rip off?
If you don't have a battery tender..... I highly recommend getting one.
I left mine connected withut a battery tender for the winter season and it fired up with the first try. But I kept my bike in a heated basement.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
One of the best bang for the buck mods I have on my bike. This trickle charger comes second to none, and comes with quick connectors you can leave on your bike and hide under your tail. I charge my bike completely full before I take it out every single time. Some people plug their bike in to charge if it is not being riden. I don't want to risk over charging it (even though it shouldn't make a difference, the trickle charger is designed for that) Long story short, I love my Battery Tender JR. BUY ONE!!!!!!

Here is how easy the quick connector is to install... simple and straight forward

Here is what it looks like if you feed the quick connector through your tail and find a good spot to tuck it

Before:

After:

Here is a link you can click to buy one off of e Bay

Hope this helps, best of luck maintaining your charging system. Believe me when I tell you it is an excellent investment.

Here is a thread that has many different locations to hide the quick connection. It's very handy, and creative.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=3468943

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
100 dollars. ha u got ripped off. if u pay over a 100 for a battery you crazy
MotyDesign and Ballistics are all well over 100.... They are both in the 150 range

Cheap Batteries are 35-70
Decent Batteries are 75-100
Great Batteries are 100-150+

·
Registered
209 Posts
always go with great battery... that way if ur charging system fails u might be able to make it home on a good battery

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
MotyDesign and Ballistics are all well over 100.... They are both in the 150 range

Cheap Batteries are 35-70
Decent Batteries are 75-100
Great Batteries are 100-150+
No battery is worth more than 100 dollars. Does nothing different. Its hit and miss with batteries. They have been around forever and pretty muched dialed in the science of it all by now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts