Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
no it’s not leaking you’ll notice fork oil leaking to your break caliper. I hope this answered your question because I had my 2013 cbr fork leak a lot and I have to learn to do all of it and and replace the fork seal

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no it’s not leaking you’ll notice fork oil leaking to your break caliper. I hope this answered your question because I had my 2013 cbr fork leak a lot and I have to learn to do all of it and and replace the fork seal
Hey man. Thank you for the answer. I thought it was leaking because there supposed to be no oil on the forks

·
Registered
751 Posts
If there's oil on your fork tube it's at least seeping if not yet full-blown leaking. Where else would it come from?

The seals dry out over time. Usually they start to seep first before really leaking.

On a bike this old I'd just replace it. Replacing a fork seal isn't a big deal, especially on a non-upside down fork.

But you could buy a $10 Seal Mate and just clean the seal. I've fixed many this way.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If there's oil on your fork tube it's at least seeping if not yet full-blown leaking. Where else would it come from?

The seals dry out over time. Usually they start to seep first before really leaking.

On a bike this old I'd just replace it. Replacing a fork seal isn't a big deal, especially on a non-upside down fork.

But you could buy a $10 Seal Mate and just clean the seal. I've fixed many this way.
This.

Also, when you have the fork apart you could wet sand/polish the stanchion. One of my forks kept leaking after 2 seal replacements and I found some nicks and striations in the stanchion so I followed some info on a mountain biker's forum. I wet sanded them down until there was no protrusions then filled in the deepest nicks & chips with superglue and waited for that to dry before wet sanding it flat again. It's still not perfect but I've been able to put on a lot of street miles and a few track days before I had to replace it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts