Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its kinda like this:
-slowing down..i pull clutch all way in downshift into 1st..clutch still fully disengaged.
-i here some wierd but faint scruffing sound somewhere below the seat ..no it's not the front brakes.
-i slowly begin releasing clutch lever to engine brake ..and this wierd sound comes out @ 0:16):

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Sounds like your chain. Hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it isn't normal.. so is it common for the chain to be noisy only in first gear?

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Release clutch to engine break...

What revs are you going from in second to first? It could just be the engine if the revs are high enough. Think of a whistle- the engine is sucking a high volume of air through the throttle bodies just like you blowing a high volume of air through a whistle.

Some more details might be helpful.

Also, just a personal note: I don't like going any further down in the gears than second once I'm moving. Is this at your abandoned road at night? What are you trying to practice?

·
Registered
291 Posts
its kinda like this:
-slowing down..i pull clutch all way in downshift into 1st..clutch still fully disengaged.
-i here some wierd but faint scruffing sound somewhere below the seat ..no it's not the front brakes.
-i slowly begin releasing clutch lever to engine brake ..and this wierd sound comes out @ 0:16):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKdqMIVEVIE
On a totally unrelated note LMAO at the video title. Was that pun intended or a typo?:shakehand

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Release clutch to engine break...

What revs are you going from in second to first? It could just be the engine if the revs are high enough. Think of a whistle- the engine is sucking a high volume of air through the throttle bodies just like you blowing a high volume of air through a whistle.
it maybe just that but i kinda feel its mechanical .. rpms jump up to 5k

i may have done a few things that made me and the bike cringe but i dont know if they did any harm:

-practicing harsh braking using front, rear and engine i kinda locked the rear wheel at 45ish, dragged for 10 ft or so ..engine almost or maybe did stall (clutch was out)..pulled clutch in and let go the breaks in panic...pretty sure the bike said '**** you' in zimbabwaean.
-downshifted way too early forgetting to rev match 2-3 times rear wheel slid again.
-stalled first coupla days maybe 5 times, once when trying to pick up from real slow in 3rd

Also, just a personal note: I don't like going any further down in the gears than second once I'm moving. Is this at your abandoned road at night? What are you trying to practice?
lol no..well yea at that road but no wasn't practicing anything just worried that the bike might let me down

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
your fine, i dont hear any problems

the things you have done are normal, hell i do half of them for fun.

Reactions: sameh90
1 - 8 of 8 Posts