Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at possibly selling my 2006 600RR. My question is, how much should I expect for it, considering I have the 3-year warranty and ALL included maintenance for 3 years, parts and labor??? That includes pretty much everything but tires and brake pads.

The bike has 280 miles on it, and has just one quarter-sized scuff on the tank, and a small scuff on the swing arm.

I might be forced to sell soon, and I'd like to get an idea for a fair asking price, since I don't know how much the maintenance and warranty add on to the sale price.

The bike was $10,800 OTD with the $1500 warranty/maintenance package when I bought it in April...

·
Registered
665 Posts
The 3yr factory warranty from Honda can be forfeited for cash (they prorate you.)

The mx package sounds pretty expensive. I hate to say but you can try for $8k but it may be tough. Throw it on Craigslist and eBay (do a 10 day listing for max exposure.) and see what happens.

The fact that the bike has been down needs to be disclosed to the buyer and that will also hurt the sales price somewhat.

Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So... since I've had the bike for like 2 months... and haven't used the service yet, would I get like $1400 back?

And yeah, if I got the money for the warranty back, I'd ask $7999 for the bike. It has a smoked windscreen, clear fronts, and is in perfect condition, minus the 2 small scuffs. Everythink from the accident was repaired to brand new again.

·
Registered
665 Posts
No, not the $1,400. Honestly, thats a sucker thing some dealers will do to rip you off. The Honda extended warranty is the only thing you can probably get money back for.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if I'm selling or not yet. I've been racking my brain lately, and have had really high anxiety towards riding. I don't even know why. It's probably the REALLY nasty traffic in Vegas, and the crap I see on the road from day to day. I hate reading about people that are getting killed, or hurt badly on a day to day basis.

I'm just in a rut, and have no idea where to turn at the moment. I have nobody to really ride with, and the only time I use it is to/from work, which is the WORST time to use it. I ride 35 miles each way, and through the worst traffic parts of the city...

I don't know what I'll do, I'm just researching my options... :( I love riding, and in "motorcycle city" I'd be fine, but with the Excursions and Hummers on the road, I just can't justify losing my life for a hobby I enjoy. It wouldn't be fair to my fiance' either.

She wants me to keep it, and thinks its just a phase. I hope so...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just wanted to let you know that in new on the bike world and i also ride alone because the friends that i have with Bikes are a lil' to crazy for me, it's a choice that you have to make, "Either I raced like crazy or drive calm on the road, it's a choice, I love driving my bike at 75MPH on the highway with No problem, but my friends drive at 100MPH+ on the road and I would not risk my life for 1 minute of adrenaline rush and risk my life , So if you love it just keep the bike and be a responsible driver,

sorry if a misspelled something but im from Venezuela and I learn hot to speak english 1 year ago!

BlueSti said:
I'm not sure if I'm selling or not yet. I've been racking my brain lately, and have had really high anxiety towards riding. I don't even know why. It's probably the REALLY nasty traffic in Vegas, and the crap I see on the road from day to day. I hate reading about people that are getting killed, or hurt badly on a day to day basis.

I'm just in a rut, and have no idea where to turn at the moment. I have nobody to really ride with, and the only time I use it is to/from work, which is the WORST time to use it. I ride 35 miles each way, and through the worst traffic parts of the city...

I don't know what I'll do, I'm just researching my options... :( I love riding, and in "motorcycle city" I'd be fine, but with the Excursions and Hummers on the road, I just can't justify losing my life for a hobby I enjoy. It wouldn't be fair to my fiance' either.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Vzla600RR said:
Just wanted to let you know that in new on the bike world and i also ride alone because the friends that i have with Bikes are a lil' to crazy for me, it's a choice that you have to make, "Either I raced like crazy or drive calm on the road, it's a choice, I love driving my bike at 75MPH on the highway with No problem, but my friends drive at 100MPH+ on the road and I would not risk my life for 1 minute of adrenaline rush and risk my life , So if you love it just keep the bike and be a responsible driver,

sorry if a misspelled something but im from Venezuela and I learn hot to speak english 1 year ago!
I don't think he's talking particularly about how fast you ride on the streets though, more likely about how crazy the people "around" him that puts him in danger

bluesti, I hear ya mang, all the best

·
Registered
907 Posts
definitely a choice you have to make on your own. Best of luck with whatever you decide. I found myself in your shoes a couple times. I just stay off main streets as much as possible nowadays and ride out in farmland area. Again, not everyone has that option. If i were in a city or busy place i wouldn't have my bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
BlueSti said:

DO NOT SELL!! I'm in vegas. I'll ride with you, as long as you're a mature rider. ( I don't ride with imature squids, I prefer to ride safe so I can ride another day). Besides, I think if you sell it, you'll be regreting it. Riders always do.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
-neanderthal- said:
DO NOT SELL!! I'm in vegas. I'll ride with you, as long as you're a mature rider. ( I don't ride with imature squids, I prefer to ride safe so I can ride another day). Besides, I think if you sell it, you'll be regreting it. Riders always do.
I usually go 70 in a 65 on the interstate... so that pretty much sums it up... lol

I'm new to riding, but consider myself mature. I won't weave traffic, or split lanes, or anything else that has the remote chance of killing me due to MY actions.

I'd like to meet up some time. I want to try the Mount Charleston ride some time. I drove up there last week, and they look like nice roads to ride.

I'll hit you up sometime. What area of town are you in?

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
After my first child was born, I started to really obsess about the inherent dangers of motorcycle riding. After a year, I sold my F4i in October of 02. As the new owner was driving me home, with my helmet on my lap, my gut told me I would really regret that decision.

During the summer of 03, I tried to occupy myself with other things like golf etc but everytime a bike would pass, I would quickly turn and sigh. I really really really missed riding, the solitude of my evening ride and the comradery of going out with my bros. My wife (being the coolest person on the planet) acknowledged the situation and basically told me to get a new bike. In came my 03RR

Anyhow, I hear you regarding the safety factor but strongly advise you to sincerely assess why you are selling the bike. With the little details I can gather, you're obviously into performance with a car like the STI and a bike like the RR but obviously think about the long run (bought the extended warranty). Further, I don't know the details about your accident.

Maybe a little more time in the seat would help bro or how about a track day? If it's the soccer moms etc that you're worried about, eliminate them by controlling the environment. I'm going to FAST (CDN version of say Freddie Spencer's school by you) on Wed and can probably say that I'll probably end up doing more track than street riding in the future.

Either way, best of luck....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had the bike 22 hours, and a ladder fell out of a pick-up trunk on the interstate. It was lying across the lane, in the shadow of the overpass. I didn't see it until it was too late, and I was right up on it. I came off the bike going about 65-70 and luckily, walked away with hardly any injuries, just slight rash on my side.

Anyway, that didn't really bug me. It was after I got it back, and day after day having to avoid stupid idiots on their cell phones, not paying attention.

That, and reading stories about seasoned, mature riders getting hit with REALLY crappy luck.

I love riding, and it's something I've wanted to do for YEARS, but now that it's in my grasp, I'm having second thoughts for reasons that just really piss me off.

I'm thinking of possibly moving soon, and the bike will be MUCH more used in the new city. I just don't think Vegas is a safe place to ride, let alone even drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts