Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has an 04 R6 and he just had it rebuilt but it wont start because of a crank position sensor or something i dont know the details but what was really cool was he could hold in the reset and select buttons on his guages and turn on the key and it would put the ecu in diag mode where it would show fuel pressure and throttle position and so on with a few other sensors, so i was wondering if our bikes could do the same???

·
Premium Member
51,156 Posts
There is no such feature for the RR

·
Registered
36 Posts
we do not have that but we do have a code read out. If there is some thing wrong you short the DLC and turn the key on and count the number of blinks to see what code is showing up

·
Registered
36 Posts
naw man, there is a red connecter under the seat that has a cap on it, put a wire in the green and brown to short it. Honda makes a special tool for it but thats all you have to do to read your codes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i did not know about using the kick stand. But yes, the bike does not have to be running, all you do is jump the brown and green wires, make sure the kill switch is in the run position, and turn the key on. The FI light will blink the code. Long is 10, short is 1. You can search and get all the meanings or look in your service manual.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
thats how it is on the 07+
im not sure on the older models tho.

if your FI light is on, put the bike in neutral, and put the kickstand down w/ the bike still running.
the FI light begins flashing a code, and the number and frequency of blinks translates into fault code.

a service manual tells you what each code means and how to go about fixing it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts