29k Miles
Jardine Slip-on Exhaust
New Rear Tire (Pilot Powers)
Chrome Wheels and Swingarm
LED blinkers in rear foot pegs
BRAND NEW chain and sprockets with 520 conversion & Quick Acceleration Gearing
Speedo-Healer
New Battery installed this season

From the pictures it appears to be in great condition.
He's asking $4500 obo for it.

If its not worth that what would be a fair price for the bike?

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well it depends on where you are located. Is it a clean title? If you are here in Cali, I'd say no. I would throw a low ball of $3500, work from there but, I would not give him more then $4K and even that is pushing it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would say that is to much for a bike with that many miles. I would go with what bulldog said and offer him $3500.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its in Jersey and the cheapest one I've seen in a while. Maybe Im just looking in the wrong place lol. Im waiting to hear back with him about the title ans what not. but if i can get that for under 4 how many more miles do they usually last?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Have you seen pics of the bike? Did he really chrome the swingarm??

Assuming you can live with the mods he's made on the bike, I'd offer no more than $4K as others have suggested... and that's only if you really want this bike. I'm guessing I'd really be more in the ballpark of $3700.

Good luck!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Pics would help, but as long as its never been laid down and well maintained $4500 is a decent price.
29k miles isn't bad for an 04; I have 18k on my 06 already.

·
Registered
50 Posts
that is high to me but i guess it depends on what you want. if you'd prefer lower miles but less mods or not.

for ref, my friend bought a black stock 03 with 9k-ish miles for 4700. only mods it had was front flushmounts and rear fender elim.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Pics would help, but as long as its never been laid down and well maintained $4500 is a decent price.
29k miles isn't bad for an 04; I have 18k on my 06 already.
18k? That's it? C'mon man!

I bought a brand new 2006 Ninja 636 and put 33k miles on it in two years! Hard miles at that. Which is probably why it is not in such good running condition anymore lol.

I'm just messing with you. I'm just psycho and will ride in 10 degrees just to get out and clock some more miles.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i'd say it's a good deal, but i'd talk him down to $4000 , he's probably expecting to be talked down a bit since he said OBO. even still, $4500 is reasonable- just make sure you flush all the fluids and check the valves when you get it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts