Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy has a 2006 CBR 600RR all black with the red lining or whatever and he wants to sell his bike and get a "cruiser bike". This guy he has been talking to said he would trade his Honda Shadow 750cc "Custom" bike for his CBR? I had kelley blue booked it for in MN and his shadow with his miles was worth $3000 and my buddies CBR was worth $5800. I tried to tell the other guy that it was not worth the same even with his "custom" work he did to his bike.

I told the other guy that if he wanted to trade that he should give up the shadow and atleast $2000 for the CBR to make it a fair trade. You guys let me know what you think or if I am just mistaken and that bike could somehow be worth the same as a sport bike?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Going from a sport bike to a cruiser is gonna be tough enough for him, tell your bud to at least get a cruiser with some grunt. The shadow 750 is a complete and utter dog.

Not sure on the value, as you didn't mention the year....but they're nowhere near the fun for the dollar value ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh sorry forgot to say year it is a 2001 or 2002 he doesn't know for sure? sketchy i know haha. I told him to do a vehix check or whatever its called to see the history and full info on the bike so he knows for sure what he is getting into. I looked at shops in MN that were selling brand new 2009 750 honda shadows for like $6500

·
Registered
506 Posts
2001? Insane trade...that thing will be worth $2,500 very soon...tell him to sell his bike, and buy a VTX1300/1800.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah thats what I told the guy but he was insistent on the trade being fair?? He is like well if I sold it instead of trading it "I know I would get $5000 for it" unless this guy is stashing drugs in the bike somewhere there is no way it is worth that much!

·
Registered
200 Posts
i ride my dad all the time and it is a turd.....rides like sh*t....handle like a fat girl on heels and is to dam loud....
LOL :crackup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet thanks guys I will let him know. He gets to stay honda then too which is always cool ha.

i ride my dad all the time and it is a turd.....rides like sh*t....handle like a fat girl on heels and is to dam loud....
Haha wow dude had to comment on that. possible edit in your future?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts