Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, not really sure if this is the right place to put an "Appraisal" like thread but if it's not I'll delete it.

Here's what I'm looking at:
2005 CBR 600 RR
+/- 9000 miles
Fender eliminator kit
Cosmetecially good shape except for the following:
It was laid down on its left side. Scratching the left fairing, stator cap and lower fairing. It doesn't need replacing now but eventually I will do it.

Also when the guy was loading it into his truck it fell (in the truck bed) and broke the right turn signal off. Leaving a circular hole where the blinker used to be, so I'll also have to replace the front plastic too.

All of this in mind he is offering it to me for 4600, and I get a helmet. Just curious if you guys thought this was a good deal. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as opposed to getting just the 2 fairings, I was looking at a whole set. I can get a full pre-painted set (Seven stars, Repsol, Rossi Replica, Whatever I want) shipped to my house for about $600.

I also meant to mention I saw one bluebook-like site value it at 6100, but I know this was assuming great condition, but even with the full set of fairings taken off it would be about 5500.

IDK thanks for your reply. Anyone else?

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
snatch it up for $4k and order the plastics tomorrow :) depending on which aftermarket ones youre lookin at, they're more than good

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Look around good before you commit...lots of cbrs out there...you might get a far better deal for a few bucks more...up to you though.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
I see fairings for this color scheme all the time on ebay... if you're patient you'll find a deal, or get the aftermarket ones. an 03 sold on here last week that needed more than fairings and it brought 3200... like i said earlier, get it for 4 and you shouldn't lose much $$$

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
Hmm, ew! I see chrome! sickkk, so yeah this is a bit high priced..because its stock, no perfomance upgrades..more like downgrades..now that I see its got heavy ugly chrome accessories on it! So lets see, you're going to need 2 fairiings..well wait 3? Mid left, lower left and mid right, stator cover, oh boy. You're better off snatching up a tastefully modded bike in the range of 5-6 grand. Not worth 4600 IMO. Buy my bike for 6,000.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah it will be my first bike, and no I'm not naive enough to think I won't drop it. I'm okay with buying a bike with some damage so that way it won't hurt my feelings as bad when/if I drop it for some stupid reason.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't pay too much for a bike that already had a little damage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts