Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i found this bike for sale near my house, offered the guy 3300 on it and havent gotten a reply yet. Its a 2003 with i think 3500 some odd miles on it. It obviously has been dropped as all the plastics are ruined but i was curious as to if the front end or the tail looks to damaged structurally. Just take a good look and tell me what your opinions are.

ALso how much would it cost to replace the plastics. thanx

http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/600rr4sale/600rr/?start=20

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya its says 2004 in the ad but i thought that 2004 and up had the weird thrid predator light think below the windscreen.. . anyways you think its a legit deal or stay away?

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hope its not that much. just on ebay alone i found a new nose for 190, a new tail for 80 and some other stuff....

My other question is whether or not the entire headlight needs to be replaced or if you can simply buy a new lense for em.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You're looking at pretty close to 2k for just the cosmetic dmg, like plastic, headlight assem, Stator cover, bar ends and such. Then you have to worry about the structure and the geomatry of the bike. Forks, Upper fairing stay, brake rotors, tail subframe and things like that. The you have to consider the little stuff, like body work mounts, turn lights and there are always little stuff to consider.

All in all if you spend less then 3k fixing her up I think you would be lucky. Also make sure you can insure it or else you just bought yourself a track bike.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
how many times was that thing dropped? I would check and make sure the frame is still in good shape and consider what kind of damage was done to the motor internally.
the price you spend on the bike plus what it will cost to fix you could find a bike that was never dropped and have better peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'd be a little concerned myself....

If you're looking to get a bike to fix up to make a really good buy, you have to ask yourself what this guy isn't telling you. If I messed up my bike, but could fix the fairings to get my money back, I'd never sell it for that low. However, if a guy is trying to get one over, he'd be willing to sell it much lower.

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
exactly what i was thinking. He says it was a low side but it looks like it hit a dump truck. Anyway ima check it out hopefully and see whats up with the forks and frame. Im not worried about the starter cover and turn signals but i just really want the structure of the bike to be in good shape. To be honest i just planned on replacing the front end and headlights and just fuckin around with that for a while, not really worried about the other plastics.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
could have been a lowside that slid into something, or rolled. could have scared the bejeezus out of him so he doesnt want to deal with repairing the bike cosmetically. either way that bike wasnt "dropped" it was "crashed" good. it would make a great track bike...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
pantablo said:
could have been a lowside that slid into something, or rolled. could have scared the bejeezus out of him so he doesnt want to deal with repairing the bike cosmetically. either way that bike wasnt "dropped" it was "crashed" good. it would make a great track bike...
I agree totally with pantablo, Good track bike. And it was "crashed". I think the frame would be ok but get the forks looked at. If they come out clean, snag it. You can get everything off this site dirt cheap man. It would be cheaper to fix as a track bike. Fairings at least. Good luck bro.

P.S. Look at the sites selling motorcycles. There are a few real good deals on there if you can get to them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts