Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im torn and need some advise

Bike 1: 2009 Phoenix 2500 miles, no damage except small scratches on the right fairing, has not been laid down. Has been sitting outside uncovered for 3 months, chain is rusted and bike is covered in pollen. Was 8500 and I was able to bring down to $7000.

Bike 2: 2008 Graffiti 1660 miles, has been laid down on its right side going approx 15 mph, heres the damage, right mirror, right turn signal assem, right lower and upper fairing and a crack in the windshield. I have reserched all the parts that need to be replaced and have come up with just under $800. Dude is offering $6300 for the bike.

I know what most people are going to say.....The Phoenix! but the Graffiti is something I really want and its hard to come by. Heres another tidbit, the Graffiti owner other than laying it down has kept the bike indoors all the time and has never been wet and it shows, all parts on the bike are really clean and maintained well. I dont know much about bikes cause I ride the water more than anything, so any input would really help, esp things I really need to look for.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I personally think the 09 is a better deal, yes its been sitting outside for 3 months (not cool), but if it is in better shape, and only needs some caring to make it look mint then go with it for $7000.

The 08 has been laid down, and I dont think its a better deal then the 09.

If you like the graffiti then maybe save up a little money, and get a paint job done on the 09 with the oem plastics.

Just my thought

Got pics of the bikes?

But in the end, its going to be your bike, so whatever your comfortable with buying, and going to be happy with

·
Registered
83 Posts
Um I'd be afraid that your Douche factor would go way up with the purchase of the Phoenix. Also will this be your first bike? If so there may be a good chance you'd accidentally lay it down yourself. I love my Graffiti gets all the looks and the flat black is really easy to maintain. You've got a difficult choice I would go for the graffiti is he willing to move on the price at all?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm not a fan of the 2009+ bikes as the fairings cover up the engine, etc. And a +1 on the Pheonix looking like a designer handbag. And it has been sitting outdoors in the elements, another negative.

You can tell that you want the graffiti bike. I fall in love every time I look at my red and black 08, so looks are very important, don't just settle on the Pheonix because it might be a good deal.

With that said, the Graffiti at $6300 with a lowside/damage is not a great deal. In his craig's list he says he needs to sell it by the end of the month, so I bet he'd be willing to move on the price. The bike is not going to sell with him originally listing it at $7500 and doesn't mention the lowside; that's also a little shady in my opinion. It also might cost you more then $800 dollars to fix it up, might be your estimate but things always cost more.

I'd see if I could get him to come down a lot, to $5000-$5500 or so. Use crazedlist to search out other 2008 600rr deals and show him what clean bikes are selling for, and then subtract off the cost to fix it and such.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Graffiti all the way!! It actually has more HP than the Phoenix and sounds better (if they are both stock). I have the Graffiti and my buddy has the Phoenix and everyone loved mine better ;-D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Graffiti all the way!! It actually has more HP than the Phoenix and sounds better (if they are both stock). I have the Graffiti and my buddy has the Phoenix and everyone loved mine better ;-D
cool story bro

OT: is this your first bike?

if so, get an 03-4 cbr for a couple grand cuz odds r u will lay it down nd there goes the pretty 09

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would pass on both

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not a fan of the 2009+ bikes as the fairings cover up the engine, etc. And a +1 on the Pheonix looking like a designer handbag. And it has been sitting outdoors in the elements, another negative.

You can tell that you want the graffiti bike. I fall in love every time I look at my red and black 08, so looks are very important, don't just settle on the Pheonix because it might be a good deal.

With that said, the Graffiti at $6300 with a lowside/damage is not a great deal. In his craig's list he says he needs to sell it by the end of the month, so I bet he'd be willing to move on the price. The bike is not going to sell with him originally listing it at $7500 and doesn't mention the lowside; that's also a little shady in my opinion. It also might cost you more then $800 dollars to fix it up, might be your estimate but things always cost more.

I'd see if I could get him to come down a lot, to $5000-$5500 or so. Use crazedlist to search out other 2008 600rr deals and show him what clean bikes are selling for, and then subtract off the cost to fix it and such.
thanks for a good reply, the parts list is down to every last screw and has been confirmed by a mech. I would just have to do it my self to save some money. I did think it was shady he did not show damage on criagslist, thats why I was suprized when I went to see the bike. HOwever what I saw in person he cant lie about. And he wont go below 63 since he owes money on it still.

Thanks for great input tho

·
Registered
307 Posts
Why do people think they can get x-amount because that's what they have left on the loan? Silly people; (a) He probably overpaid orginally, (b) you had a loan, you paid a lot of interest, (c) your bike is not worth anywhere near your loan amount.

I would either print or email him listing for similar 08 bikes in the mid to upper 5k range; someone just posted an ebay link for brand new 09 for 6,999 plus taxes. Then I'd tell him I'll give you $5,200 here my phone number, give me a call. I'd almost pass on that graffiti, find a better deal/graffiti that hasn't been down. The deals are out there, it's just hard to be patient for them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks bill, i do need to be more patient but there are no graffiti bikes in the area here for sale and you wont catch me dead buying something on ebay/craigslist...unless its in the area or within a few hour drive for me to acctually go look at. Thanks again. I go to the guy tomorrow at 9am to give him a final offer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts