Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Thought i would get your feedback on this Honda CBR 600 i saw today. The bike is in USA.

-It's a 2011 with 5600 mi. Black in color. Asking price is $7800.
-Pretty much stock.
-The bike has been dropped at low speed on the left side. Damage is minimal on. No cracks and scratches are on the lower fairing. It is clear it happened at a very low speed. Otherwise the bike seemed very clean.
-Seller is a married family-man... seemed like a really nice person.
-Rode the bike a lot, so highish miles.
-Tires are pretty much done and will need to be replaced soon (10% thread left in the center).

What do you think about the price? I know that prices can vary based on location, but would like to know your thoughts anyway.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey guys,

Thought i would get your feedback on this Honda CBR 600 i saw today. The bike is in USA.

-It's a 2011 with 5600 mi. Black in color. Asking price is $7800.
-Pretty much stock.
-The bike has been dropped at low speed on the left side. Damage is minimal on. No cracks and scratches are on the lower fairing. It is clear it happened at a very low speed. Otherwise the bike seemed very clean.
-Seller is a married family-man... seemed like a really nice person.
-Rode the bike a lot, so highish miles.
-Tires are pretty much done and will need to be replaced soon (10% thread left in the center).

What do you think about the price? I know that prices can vary based on location, but would like to know your thoughts anyway.
Bought my 07 for $4500 12k miles.

I say you at least take the plastics off and look at the underside of the just to make sure, and give it a good ride. Then if everything seems fine then go it. 5600 isn't that many miles btw.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@ attran84

Thanks for your feedback, man. My original plan is to buy a 2007 or a 2008. This one came up w/ a realistic looking price. So i went to have a look. Mostly when i see ads on CraigsList, i just have a WTF reaction. I do plan to get the bike checked out by a mechanic if i do decide to buy it. But very good advice re: taking the plastics off. I agree 5600 is not too many miles on these bikes. Appreciate your response.

·
Registered
265 Posts
@ attran84

Thanks for your feedback, man. My original plan is to buy a 2007 or a 2008. This one came up w/ a realistic looking price. So i went to have a look. Mostly when i see ads on CraigsList, i just have a WTF reaction. I do plan to get the bike checked out by a mechanic if i do decide to buy it. But very good advice re: taking the plastics off. I agree 5600 is not too many miles on these bikes. Appreciate your response.
No worries good luck!

·
Registered
743 Posts
yea definately take a look under the fairings. That sounds like a decent price, ask for maintenance records and see if he will get the tires changed or knock down the price some .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also, check the oil if you haven't already done it. have you owned a bike before?
Thanks, VT733. Didn't check the oil. Good point. Yes, i currently own a bike, a 250 one :) and have ridden in the past as well...i should be fine on a 600. I did point out the tires when i met him.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, since the bike has been down, even though minimal damage as described above, do you think that's a genuine reason to ask him to reduce the price. I think so?? I know this is a very subjective question...

·
Registered
663 Posts
I would give him 7, max. You're looking at replacing tires and possibly lowers. It's been dropped, that's a big no-no right there.

Got my 07 stock never put down and babied in a garage for 5700.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would give him 7, max. You're looking at replacing tires and possibly lowers. It's been dropped, that's a big no-no right there.

Got my 07 stock never put down and babied in a garage for 5700.
Thanks, overRRide for your input.

Your are right. I will need to get the tires replaced right away. 7k MAX was the figure i was thinking. I would be more comfortable at more like 6,700.

I was in fact looking for 07/08 myself. This guys asking price seemed realistic, so i thought i would go and have a look. Usually people seem to want ridiculous money. Doesn't even make sense. They keep posting 2007-08 for like 7k 8k. Even saw one 2003 for 6.5k, nothing special. LOL I personally think that a fair price for an 07/08 is between $4500 - $6000, depending on condition.

Good think i have a bike for now and i am in no hurry :) I can wait till spring next year...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks, overRRide for your input.

Your are right. I will need to get the tires replaced right away. 7k MAX was the figure i was thinking. I would be more comfortable at more like 6,700.

I was in fact looking for 07/08 myself. This guys asking price seemed realistic, so i thought i would go and have a look. Usually people seem to want ridiculous money. Doesn't even make sense. They keep posting 2007-08 for like 7k 8k. Even saw one 2003 for 6.5k, nothing special. LOL I personally think that a fair price for an 07/08 is between $4500 - $6000, depending on condition.

Good think i have a bike for now and i am in no hurry :) I can wait till spring next year...
I feel you man. I am currently living in socali. and im looking for a 07/08 and sellers expect buyers to pay rip off ass price!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@ kingkong8624

LOL...Word...

As long as you are patient, you will find a good deal and this forum is awesome to answer any questions. When i bought my two-fitty, people were asking ridiculous prices and then i saw a post for my current bike. Good guy, great bike and realistic price. hang in there and don't be impatient. I just don't like idea of over-paying in general and especially to someone who is probably stupid. And you can tell by the way they post their ad. I some one is just being stupid, i would not even bother contacting them...good luck hunting :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don't get it... a lot of people still buy dropped bikes if the bike only has cosmetic damage... don't they? S#$t I did and it was checked out by a professional.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't get it... a lot of people still buy dropped bikes if the bike only has cosmetic damage... don't they? S#$t I did and it was checked out by a professional.
hey ejewels, i agree that if the damage is just cosmetic and not much damage, there is no issue buying that bike. Problem comes w/ perception and resale value. And that's where it gets a little tricky to figure out right price. The bike in question seems ok to me. But a big concern for me is if i need to sell the bike at some point in future for whatever reason, i will have a difficulty selling it because it has been dropped. To overcome that, price will have to be reduced.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts