Here are the 2 pix he sent me

What should i look for when checking it out

any known common problems with these

Thank you
steve

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Depends. If you aren't a rider, then try pretty hard to get a rider to come with you.

Always look for main things first- Frame, suspension, drive train, engine case, leaks, thrash marks...

The ONLY acceptable place for a crack to be is in the body work, but even then once you find one of those you need to inspect all the important bits to make sure the crack is only cosmetic.

Think of it like this- a bike is just wheels, suspension, frame, and engine. If you are ready to ride, you can understand the importance of all of them and realize when something looks wrong on the bike... it was probably crashed.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
thats a great price for such low miles.

First thing: There was never a Repsol edition for the 600rr. So these are aftermarket fairings. Aftermarket fairings are usually a sign that the bike has been down.

Second: Make sure the title reflects the low mileage. Also make sure its a CLEAN title.

Find out why he has had it so long and not ridden it.

Take a good look at it. If all is legit, never been down, title is good and correct. take the trade.

One thing to note, there are no mirrors on it. so you will have to get a pair, or at least the left side to get it inspected (depending on state)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stupid question
but i know for cars you use a carfax
what do you use for bikes?
to get a check on the title

·
Registered
81 Posts
What year is your Integra and what type of package is installed on it. Package I mean features and stuff like that. ANd additionally any mods done it?
Also depending on your area how popular bikes are as oppose to cars. Like if in the mountain areas, its more about trucks and 4x4. In all-around sunny places like Fl. or CA, AZ bikes are often seen so their value is more then let say a mountaineous area.
Anyways I think its definitely a fair 1 - to - 1 trade. Make sure you look the bike over well and that its never being crashed or put on a salvage title.

·
Registered
951 Posts
It looks like there might be some rash on the case cover. Hard to tell from the pic+ there are holes drilled in the fairing for sliders, but no sliders. Is the guy telling you its never been down? If its clean I'd take the trade, but look it over good before you do.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a gsr w/2001 conversion and some mild mods, nothign crazy
few exterior (ITR spoiler, rota slips)
few engine
few interior

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like there might be some rash on the case cover. Hard to tell from the pic+ there are holes drilled in the fairing for sliders, but no sliders. Is the guy telling you its never been down? If its clean I'd take the trade, but look it over good before you do.
im awaiting a call or email back to see if it been downed
and the title on it

:bootyshak

·
Registered
416 Posts
I noticed the rash too on the case cover. Also, agreed that its an aftermarket fairing kit. He probably bought it brand new, lowsided it, and was scared shitless and never wanted to ride it again.:crackup:probably why it only has 900miles, or somethings wrong with the cluster.

Get it all checked out, make sure the VIN on the title matches the VIN on the frame, take the deal.

Is this going to be your only way of transportation?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Also, its missing that black plastic piece(don't know the name of it) thats right under the seat/gas tank

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you take a closer look at this bike there is definitly something going on.

It's an 05-06 all over the body but the Tail fairing is from an 04 .

If this guy is telling you this bike has never been down then he is lying to you.

·
Registered
247 Posts
def missing the side plate, is it missing the heel guard too? looks like it may smoke a tad or he just started it and its cold outside. id say its been down before just my 2 cents. check her out good

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't do it!

it definitely looks like the bike has been down...
-rash on case cover
-aftermarket fairings
-missing side triangle pieces
-missing ram air ducts

your car is definitely worth more than that bike.
it would be terrible to find out after you get it home that the frame is cracked or something like that

i vote no unless he's willing to give you at least $1000 plus the bike

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
If you take a closer look at this bike there is definitly something going on.

It's an 05-06 all over the body but the Tail fairing is from an 04 .

If this guy is telling you this bike has never been down then he is lying to you.
That's why it's missing the triangle pieces. The 04 to 05 mismatch

·
Registered
43 Posts
well i guess it might be alright for a first bike but yea it has def been down. and that may not be a bad thing if it was repaired properly. but i dunno this one needs some attention. still it is a honda and since it is a little beat up, it would be a good starter. so when it falls over you wont get all mad. only you know the value of your car, and if you think it is worth the same as the bike then go for it but only if it the bike is still in safe condition..

·
Registered
416 Posts
I vote NO. Unless he gives you Cash on top of it, like stated above $1000 or so.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ty guys, I'm gonna ask for 1k
and if not
then I'm just gonna pass
appreciate it fellas, u guys have a new
member for good

1 - 20 of 35 Posts