Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I'm going to jump on this, but was wondering if it would be reasonable to offer $9000.

Here is the ad on craigslist:

2008 Honda CBR 600RR
Silver Black
1850 miles
Never Dropped
Perfect condition
Serviced
Sliders
Protons
Short Levers
$9500.00 or best offer

·
Registered
406 Posts
Unless you're in CA where they conform to different prices/everything else, I'd say heck no. When I picked up my pristine '08 CBR red/black with 1,700 miles on it, I paid $7,200. And beware of cg, lots of scams on there along with the real deals. Make sure you go see it in person.

·
Registered
173 Posts
$7500 tops, if it's in perfect condition. His stupid financial decisions aren't your problem.
Ditto, sounds like he's trying to recoup his 100% financing decision!! You can find a much better deal.

We have a local dealer with new 08's still. They are priced at $7999

·
Registered
94 Posts
2008 are going brand new for around 8K off the dealer floor. Check cycle trader and Ebay. 2009 model are going for $8500. A used 08 should not be more than 7K.

·
Registered
263 Posts
2008 are going brand new for around 8K off the dealer floor. Check cycle trader and Ebay. 2009 model are going for $8500. A used 08 should not be more than 7K.

+1 my thoughts exactly.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input everyone! Maybe I'll give him a call later and see if it's sold. If not, maybe ask for $7000. It does say "or best offer". And 9500 does seem a bit pricey.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Overpriced for sure. Just show him a few examples of what similar bikes are going for around your area...if he doesn't budge, tell him goodbye.

-Eric

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Damn..I should have talked to you guys before I got my bike in the summer of 2007 for a 2006 model. I paid $7250 with 4K miles. :sad3:

But then again, I don't think any dealer in Cali offer that low.

·
Registered
753 Posts
$7500 tops, if it's in perfect condition. His stupid financial decisions aren't your problem.
+1. If he bought it brand new with cash, he would not be in the hole. Likewise, since it sounds like you have money to throw around, if you go into a dealer with $9k cash, you'd have some serious purchasing power and could probably get some deals. Credit is not the way to go in these troubled times... nor has it really ever been.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Over here on the east coast I recently got a mint condition 07 600RR with 3k miles for $6800. I checked out a few 08s with less miles in good but not mint condition and people wanted 7200-7500.

Don't forget you're going to pay more for tax, tags, and title. When you buy used you can at least get the seller to tell the title transfer place you paid a lot less so you don't have to pay as much tax. Or you can ask them to sign the papers that say they gave it to you as a gift so you don't have to pay any tax. Always look for nice used bikes first because you will eventually find a good deal. If you have money to burn go for a new one.

·
Registered
258 Posts
_

Im in AL... bought the bike in AZ. He won it off an auction. A real great guy, he wasnt really looking to make money, just to get his name out there. He is starting a dealership and looking to expand. Sells motorcycles domestics and he may still have some exotics.. Yea it was in mint condition. Had a couple of small scuffs on the left mirror, a pen sized scratch at the very bottom of the lower cowl and looked like some water spots or something on the windscreen. All very small and barely noticeable. It was stock But if you live in AZ look him up Brian @ Vail Motors. Tell him the guy he sold that Orange RR to referred you : )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This same guy is still trying to sell the bike. He lowered his price to 9,000. I am located in Hawaii and at the two Honda dealerships that I've been looking at the 2009 models are about 11,000 and the phoenix is 11,500. I noticed that the bikes here are overpriced. I figure if I offer the guy for his used '08 maybe 8500 he might budge. Do you guys think this is a good deal for Hawaii? I'm looking to sell my '08 ninja 250r to offset the cost.

·
Registered
554 Posts
way too expensive, I got my 08 with 1200miles on the clock for 7250 bucks
the 09 you saw came with ABS or not?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts