1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i think i wanna pick this up
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/1148256534.html

[original pic removed]

the guy said his soon to be ex-wife took 4 good swings at one side with a baseball bat so 2 fairings are in pieces from that side. says the tank is fine and everything else is fine besides the fairings and that it runs well. good deal?

just wondering if there is anything i should check out specifically, and if the price is good. 07+ cbrs dont turn up often around here.

anybody selling black 07-08 side fairings? :p how much should i expect to pay for those?

thanks in advance!

UPDATE:

looks like ill need to buy the mid "T" and the upper piece that goes right above that. might also consider parting these out and buying a kit from nicecycle

he said the battery wasnt holding charge so he bought a new one for $70 and i gotta pay for that, so $5970.

New Pics Added, pics provided by seller.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
first off, that doesnt look like 07...that looks like a older model, cause the blinkers are in the mids, not the uppers

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks moeman for posting the pic, unfortunately, the guy said its not an actual pic :(

not sure bout the fairings, kinna dark to really tell, but the swingarm looks like 07+, and so does the clutch cover?

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
The silver 'T fairing should cost about $100 and the upper mid fairing should cost about $180

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, youre right! it does appear to be a 1000rr lol

are the prices you posted used off ebay or forum, or new from honda?

anyway, you guys think itll be a good buy if the bike in question is indeed an 07 600rr, plus having to get new fairings?

thanks for all the input so far!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the tips, and thanks for switching out my thread title! looks like i'll just want to find some used pieces in our classifieds if v-tec crx is right about prices

not sure about pricing anywhere else, but here in hawaii i could only find 1 other 07 and the guy wants over 8k for it x___x, then again, i checked kbb and retail is 6800 and trade-in is 4600

·
Administrator
51,147 Posts
When the picture posted does not match the item being sold i tend to get
on the defensive side make sure you see the bike in person and inspect it
very well before money exchanges as far as finding used fairing for it that
should be your least worries as we speak best of luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
definitely going to check it out in person, just wanna learn as much as i can before i get out there, its a good ways away! asked for some actual pics, esp of the damaged area, and to confirm which pieces needed to be replaced.

i guess main thing im wondering now is if it is what i think it is, would $5,900 firm be a good price, esp considering that i'd have to find some fairings?

·
Administrator
51,147 Posts
See that is my point paying 5900.00 plus what ever the replacement parts
might cost and labour unless you do all the work yourself needs to be thought
of before commiting yourself to such purchase with that being said

1. Inspect the bike write down in detail all the damaged areas
2. Take as much pictures as you can and share them with us
3. We would gladly look up some sites and get you prices
on new parts then you can browse the classified here for used
parts and get prices as well
4. Add all the numbers up and decide the worth of the bike
and what are the chances of buying a great condition RR
for similar value and not deal with the hassle of repairs

Last but not least do not let the excitment of buying a used bike
take you to the cleaners

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
definitely good things to think about. unfortunately, this guy has gotten a ton of calls already, he's given me priority as i was the first one to contact him, but i think id have to commit while there. he claims the damage was purely cosmetic, but also said the fairings are unusable and in pieces o_O ill check for any and all damage though. if its deeper than cosmetic, i'm pretty sure i'll pass on this. will try to get pictures whether i pick it up or not, just so you guys can see what i've delt with :p

i just sold my 03 rr and was actually planning on waiting a little while, or finding something cheap (less than what i sold mine for), but then this 07 came up and seems like a good deal so i gotta see it lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
If we add what you told us so far:

1 - Pic is from a different bike
2 - Baseball bat X Missing fairings

I don't think using motorcycle and baseball bat in the same sentence sounds good.

I'd check it out very closely and be VERY defensive about this bike, but definitely doesn't hurt to check.

You got some good pieces of adivices already.
Don't let the excitement of buying a bike get in the way
Don't let the seller pressure you.

With me goes like that. The more a seller pressures me, the less I want the bike.

I bought my bike about 4 wks ago. Looked at a bike that a guy was selling at Craigslist, and looked at a dealer. The dealer lost the business because of pressure.

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
definitely trying to be as safe as i can about this! basically im wondering, what should these go for? 5900 seems like a good deal even if i have to buy new fairings, but if i have a good idea of what the bike is worth, then i can go to look at it and be able to gauge whether its something worth picking up based on any new findings. hopeful it is what he said it is and that its really just cosmetic, but i will definitely check it out very carefully :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update, we rescheduled to tomorrow, he confirmed it is black w a silver mid, and he will email me some pics tonight so I can post those up when I get em

Thanks everybody for your feedback!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
In case he gives you crap about the damage I'd say baseball = crash, depending on how good his wife's swing is but really it's a hard sharp impact no matter how you look at it. So your essentially looking at a crashed bike. Awaiting pics.

I paid $5500 for mine, which has been down at least twice. Guy replaced left side fairings but tank and right upper have bad scrapes and tail is scuffed. Pretty much cosmetic stuff but there is an interesting piece missing from one of the crank case bolts. So far no problems but there's always something you miss with a used bike.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics Added to first post, pics provided by seller.

looks like ill need to buy the mid "T" and the upper piece that goes right above that. might also consider parting these out and buying a kit from nicecycle

he said the battery wasnt holding charge so he bought a new one for $70 and i gotta pay for that, so $5970.

·
Registered
374 Posts
first off, that doesnt look like 07...that looks like a older model, cause the blinkers are in the mids, not the uppers
Just kidding

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey ZachRR, there was different picture posted before from the actual ad, the seller didnt post the actual pic of his bike and thats the pic those 2 comments are about. i took that pic down and put updated pictures

1 - 20 of 36 Posts