Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told when I purchased my 2004 CBR600RR that it is an HRC bike. Having no paperwork to back that up I am slowly trying to piece together exactly what I have. All I know is that it runs well and there do appear to be HRC parts present. So, the question is, is this an HRC ECU? I did a quick search and it was inconclusive. Everything looks right until you get to the R02, not sure when or for what that was used. Hoping somebody on the forum can shed some light on this for me.

Cheers!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have no idea what a stock ECU looks like but here's a pic of mine, it's a TenKate bike and the ECU is marked as "EK6A ECU FOR SUPPORT TEAM " then it says the program code number. it's a HRC supplied ECU.
IMG_1895.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, your ECU doesn’t even have a Honda part number that I can see. Thanks for sharing Cropduster. Maybe mine isn’t an HRC unit? When I search for the part number I can not find it on any parts fiche (HRC or stock). The mystery remains.

Cheers!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Also
There's an ebay seller called

simonkobejapan

he has helped me with HRC stuff, he's very helpful and his pricing is pretty good.
I had an issue with a part not being correct, returning it was no problem, i highly reccomend him and if he doesn't have what you want give him time, he can get it.
Cheers
Paul.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ninja. Saw that as well but I am always hesitant using ebay as a source. But in this case it does appear to support the ECU being HRC.

Guess my next challenge is trying to determine if the HRC engine work (cams, head work, etc.) was done as well. Any thoughts on how to do that without disassembling the engine (if at all possible)?

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Tary. That is a good idea. Unfortunately I am not sure where the nearest dyno is and being in Northern Japan there are a few barriers to overcome. I will keep that suggestion in my hip pocket for when/if I get this bike to the States.

Since I don't know how many miles are on the bike, I am considering checking valve clearances this winter. That will give me a chance to crack things open and take a closer look at what internal parts are there.

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts