Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my brother has an 06 gsxr 600. well on our way to downtown indy last night to go check out the scene at the gp his bike quit running. the stupid thing just quit charging itself. so after a bunch of struggling putting my battery in his bike we finally got the thing home. now we're tearing into it to try and figure out what happend.

anyboy know anything about these bikes that might help us get a quick fix so i dont have to drive my truck down to the track tomorrow?!?!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Slap me for being dumb, but wouldn't a new battery be a start? :tard:

·
Registered
841 Posts
My brother had a problem with his bike similiar to this. We thought it was a battery. After buying one, we replaced the old one and were on our way until the same problem happened again. Noticed the lights dimmed and began chasing the wire harness. Turns out, he has modified his bike so many times the interconnectors got mucked up and one of the pins on a connector above the engine and under the fairing shorted to the case whenever it got hot enough to allow an electrical short. It was a weird problem but that was all it was.

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My brother had a problem with his bike similiar to this. We thought it was a battery. After buying one, we replaced the old one and were on our way until the same problem happened again. Noticed the lights dimmed and began chasing the wire harness. Turns out, he has modified his bike so many times the interconnectors got mucked up and one of the pins on a connector above the engine and under the fairing shorted to the case whenever it got hot enough to allow an electrical short. It was a weird problem but that was all it was.
we're pulling it apt right now so i'll look into some connectors. hope its just the one coming from the rectifier.

·
Registered
841 Posts
One of his connectors was charred black. Totally noticeable. Good luck, I hate chasing electrical problems. You should definitely try isolating circuits from one another.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
electrical problems suck! especially on the 04 1kRR's...bad stators with those. i'd check the gsxr forums to see if there is a common problem that they know about, just like the stators on the 04 1kRR

K

·
0 Posts
electrical problems are a go/no go thing guys, it's not that hard to figure out how they all work.

i would have told your friend to check the stator resistance before throwing new parts at. doing that is just plain retarded.

K

·
0 Posts
better still, somebody buy these guys an EX500 and teach them how to be real mechanics!

K

·
0 Posts
sure, why not? If it's just the wire harness that burned up and you have a perfectly good coil, all's ya gotta do is trim a little wire...

beats buying a $200 stator...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts