Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever im riding on the highway (55-80mph) my bars vibrate to the point that my hands hurt after just like 10 minutes. Im thinking either something is coming loose, or its the micron exhaust is just that loud that it vibrates my bars. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Ceph said:
then your just holding on too tight, just relax a lil bit.
+3 That was my first thought as well. My hands basically just rest with my palms on the grips and my fingers are somewhat loosely curled around the grips. Do your forearms hurt also? If so, thats another indicator that your gripping too tightly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
try not putting so much weight on your hands, and hold yourself on with your legs and core. i noticed the same thing when i rode down the interstate for about an hour, then i switched it up on the way home, and i was perfect. my hands felt like trampolines after the first ride, they just kept shaking

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont think I explained it right. It is a vibration in the bars. It makes my hands hurt very quickly. My bike didnt have it before, and it is something that has developed.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Dude you might want to get it checked out before something major happens to it

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I wouldn't count on it being your exhaust.

I too would think either tire / rim balance or you've got more serious issues to deal with.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Check if you are missing a bolt or something that holds up one of the clip ons. That happened to me when I borrowed my homies 2006 R6 for a weekend. Check into that.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Are you riding in the emergency lane? ;)

Sounds like something is loose up front make sure you check over all nuts and bolts on the front end.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Drew303 said:
Nope, tires are brand new powers, havent replaced clip ons or bar ends either.
Well if you just got BRAND NEW tires..perhaps they didn't balance your wheel after mounting the tire or just balanced it incorrectly. there's only so much on a bike that's going to cause a vibration in JUST the handle bars. if you're not feeling it in the seat or anywhere else, the first thing i would go for is the front wheel balance

·
Registered
254 Posts
Drew303 said:
My bike didnt have it before, and it is something that has developed.
It didn't happen before what? Did it start once you put the tires on, or the exhaust, or....?

·
Registered
547 Posts
+1 on the handle bars vibrating, it started when I got my exhaust. At idle my mirrors vibrate a bit(barely noticeable).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts