Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a new 08 cbr600rr and when i am doing between 50-60mph, and take my hands off the handle bars, i can see a slight wobbling or vibration in the ends of the handle bars... is this normal... when i hit upwards of high 60s and into the 70s, the shaking goes away... its not much but i notice it bc i watch every little thing on this new bike.. :icon_lol: this had me worried and i wanted to ask you guys here if this was normal...what i think is happening is that the HESD steering damper isnt or doesnt kick in until the bike hits a higher mph, henceforth, tightening the damper later than 50-60mph... perhaps i am wrong... anyone?>???:cwm21:

·
Registered
810 Posts
I get those 'vibes' on my 07 also. I think its normal & nothing to do with the HESD. More to do with engine harmonics, resonance & vibration.

·
Registered
901 Posts
if you can actually see the bars moving back and forth ( i. e. wobbelling ) it is a wheel balance issue if there just vibrating its normal .. usually a wheel thats out of balance will shake its worst at between 45 and 65 then smooth out after that

·
Registered
901 Posts
also i forgot to mention that adjusting your suspension to your weight makes a big difference in over all feel of the bike .. i know when i got mine it was set up to stiff in the front and it always felt really bouncy until i got it set up properly

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you can actually see the bars moving back and forth ( i. e. wobbelling ) it is a wheel balance issue if there just vibrating its normal .. usually a wheel thats out of balance will shake its worst at between 45 and 65 then smooth out after that

I think this is my problem.... How do I get it fixed?? what do i tell them when I take it back?? what i posted here... and will they be able to fix it? :cwm21:

·
Registered
901 Posts
I think this is my problem.... How do I get it fixed?? what do i tell them when I take it back?? what i posted here... and will they be able to fix it? :cwm21:

need to find a shop that static balances wheels and as far as suspension set up if you set all the adjustments in the middle its set up for a 185lbs rider its always a good place to start and then adjust a 1/4 turn at a time from there .. also as knightsulgger sugested check your wheel alignment ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts