Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after my ride I noticed that there is a very strong fuel/exhaust smell coming from my ram air induct. Has anyone else noticed this? And also I stopped and turned off the bike for about 5 min. Went back out and rode it down to the gas station which is about 1/8 mile down the road. I filled up and went to start it, and it cranked and almost fired, but it did'nt. I had to do this three times while giving it some gas to actually start. Is this a problem. Could it be running too rich? Thanks !!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
the reason you smell that is because they go to your intake which has gas!!! so yes that is normal. the starting thing that could just be a onece in a while thing!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought about the fuel smell, but I was not sure. And I hope the starting thing only happens every once in a while. Kind of scared me at first. I was thinking that maybe it's because I only went for such a short distance without getting on it enough to burn up some of the fuel on the plugs. Just a thought. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
544 Posts
not a prob!!! i just started working as a service writer at a local bike shop here in Burnsville, and I have been swamping our Honda Techs with ?'s about the RR and yah so if you ever need anything answered let me know i can find out the "non-********" answer from them within a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey deathstaRR,
when are we gonna get some aftermarket air filters??? they got a K&n oil filter but no air filter. are all new bikes like this? i've been looking for parts everywhere. this is my first bike, but everyone is like put a k&n in it and this and that but i've looked everywhere and nothing. even exhaust is hard to find uless you have 500 bucks. and those look like limp shizzles hanging out the back. everyone says there ugly. i would like an aftermarket exhaust, but i haven't found one that looks good....except, i saw a dual exhaust but i can't find it anywhere. i think it is called a laser exhaust or something. if anybody knows of this please post some pics or something.
any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
john

·
Registered
391 Posts
red600rr said:
hey deathstaRR,
when are we gonna get some aftermarket air filters??? they got a K&n oil filter but no air filter. are all new bikes like this? i've been looking for parts everywhere. this is my first bike, but everyone is like put a k&n in it and this and that but i've looked everywhere and nothing. even exhaust is hard to find uless you have 500 bucks. and those look like limp shizzles hanging out the back. everyone says there ugly. i would like an aftermarket exhaust, but i haven't found one that looks good....except, i saw a dual exhaust but i can't find it anywhere. i think it is called a laser exhaust or something. if anybody knows of this please post some pics or something.
any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
john
If this is your first bike you should stop worrying about aftermarket air filters and exhausts and make sure you have all of your gear. Once you do, spend the money on track days. The best hardware won't make you a better/faster rider. Only seat/track time will do that.

But, to answer your question, there are after markeyt air filters available for the RR. HRC (call Bob Hyashida-Big Valley Honda) makes one. You can also get one through TenKateRacing. There are a numbver of beatifully crafted exhausts as well. The slip ons from Arata, Akra are absolutely beautiful. The TBR is a little less expensive and the Jadine even more so. I don't care much for Yosh, but thats just me. Leo Vince. Hindle, Micron, etc all make slip ons as well. The Laser is junk IMHO. If you really want to go all out you can get the full ti Arata (or the like) for around $1100.

·
Registered
544 Posts
im goin with the Yosh Ti slip on. its cheap looks better than most deep sound, and nobody does R and D like Yoshi. I do agree with corner worker a lil bit on dont worry bout exhaust and filter now, becuz truth is, non of us can really use the RR to its full extent. but for me im getting the exhaust becuz it sounds much better than stock. But if you want exhaust get it. but even from when i talked to the techs the other day even they said that you will not feel the benefit of a filter unless your bostrom, duhamel, zemke.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Everyone is always talking about full ti. Man, that is freakin' overkill, and unless you are full-on racing, I don't see the point. I know a lot of ppl have money to burn, but for track days and the road, a slip-on, or even full SS is more than enough. Maybe I just don't get it, but a full ti system is seriously expensive.

No offense intended.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks for the info. mainly looking at exhaust for sound. how about akropovic? and i do have gear but not leathers. i would pass out here in florida during the summer. never been to a track although i am interested. starting to look around here for one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts