Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance of getting this trailer for $900 with only about 200 miles of use. It is a 5'x10' open trailer with 14" wheels and comes with everything in the picture here...

Should I go for this?

·
Registered
352 Posts
looks to be in good condition, and the wood deck looks like it's been sealed, so I say yea..but Id still try to knock another 100 off the price5x10s go for a little over 1000 at lowes, and they dont include a spare tire...they also come with 13" rims compared to the 14" rims on the trailer you posted up.

If you need an open trailer that size, I say its a decent deal...but once I get near 1000 in price, I'd probably start looking for an enclosed trailer...but thats just me.

what do you plan on using it for?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm not sure he'll go any lower. I got him to knock it down almost $100 already. But yeah, it does come with 14" wheels, plus a spare, along with a jackstand in the front, so to me, it seemed like a decent deal overall. Plus a nice wood deck and a chock (not a biggie since I can get them pretty easily).

I just need to haul 2 bikes for track days. Sometimes, it'll just be 1 bike, and sometimes, it'll just be a minibike even! That trailer is a bit bigger than I originally wanted (was looking for a 5x8 at first), but if the price is right, I'll take the extra room. Plus I can throw on other supplies too.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'd say it's an OK deal...nobody is getting ripped off, but it'd be such a better deal if u could nock another $100 off.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
That's the size I use and I am happy with it. I say it's a decent deal.

K

·
0 Posts
Did you check the Local U-Haul rentalship? I know they sometimes have some older models that haven't seen a hitch in YEARS and just want to be rid of them.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
yeah not bad a 5'x8' with no tail gate and no spare goes for a bout 600$ so yeah 900 seems to be fine i think

1 - 12 of 12 Posts