Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming the picture was taken with the bike level and stood up straight that shouldnt be an issue.
Thank you for the answer. I sat on the bike to make it straight and my mate took a picture of it, but we did it again and the oil was above the line so i dont really know

·
Registered
332 Posts
Looks fine, the level should drop as you start the bike and the oil circulates around the engine.
Level looks fine to me.

is it white, blue or black smoke?

from Memory blue/gray smoke suggests oil leak
Black smoke suggests burning too much fuel
White/gray suggests head gasket

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks fine, the level should drop as you start the bike and the oil circulates around the engine.
Level looks fine to me.

is it white, blue or black smoke?

from Memory blue/gray smoke suggests oil leak
Black smoke suggests burning too much fuel
White/gray suggests head gasket
I just drained a little bit of oil just to be sure. The smoke is white/ grey ish and smells really bad. There is a carbon cover on the oil gasket but behind that cover i can see black oil and thats where the smoke is coming too

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just drained a little bit of oil just to be sure. The smoke is white/ grey ish and smells really bad. There is a carbon cover on the oil gasket but behind that cover i can see black oil and thats where the smoke is coming too
Hmm, don't like to scare people with it but you should start to try and rule out head gasket. Take the rad cap off, make sure the bike is cold before you do. You're looking for oil in the water, you'd spot it by there being a think creamy residue in there or by smell or by the water being discoloured.

Next you could buy a kit off of either ebay or amazon, Combustion Leak Tester Kit Head Gasket CO2, 30ml Fluid 15 tests, Petrol/Diesel | eBay. Cheap and easy way to test.

You could also drain the oil, again looking for that creamy residue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys my motorcycle is leaking oil and smoking so i checked it out what the cause could be. I noticed that my oil lvl is pretty high. Is this too much oil?
What are the damages if i ride with too much oil ?? View attachment 226909
Thats fine on the level. As long as it's not over that top line and it is level on how you're reading it. As for the smoking issue, what color and how offen?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats fine on the level. As long as it's not over that top line and it is level on how you're reading it. As for the smoking issue, what color and how offen?
Smoke color is white /grey ish and stinks like something is burning. It only smokes when i ride about 40mins and the engine is hot. The smoke is not a lot just a little bit

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is the smoke coming out the exhaust or off the motor? If you have an oil leak around the rocker cover or head the stink will be oil burning off on the hot motor. Fix your oil leak and clean all the crap off the surrounding area then try it....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts