Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching a show on HD Channel called Twist of the Throttle and they are showing the history of Honda.

They had the process of CBR600RR being built on the line, takes them 1 hour to build these and they come off the line at the rate of 1 per minute per day.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah, saw that last Friday on Discovery World HD (channel 228 for anybody in Vancouver). I still have it on my pvr haha

This Friday's Twist of the Throttle is on Ducati.

Watching a show on HD Channel called Twist of the Throttle and they are showing the history of Honda.

They had the process of CBR600RR being built on the line, takes them 1 hour to build these and they come off the line at the rate of 1 per minute per day.

·
Registered
188 Posts
saw this on tv as well... maybe i'm biased but i watched the whole series and honda was by far the most impressive.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Surprisingly, none of the screws fall off at that rate when assembling the bikes at that speed. It would be my dream to tour their assembly lines.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
ya i seen this on tv once..it was pretty cool to watch...they were saying that everybody that works there has to wear a white uniform and they say that if somebody gets dirty than something went wrong..

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've seen a couple of those shows, they're pretty good. Interesting how some of the companies started building bikes and their history, and of course the assembly process is amazing whether it's the mass production of the Japanese bikes or individual assembly of MVs. There was also an episode that they went to the Astars headquarters.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's interesting how a lot of the manufacturers didn't even originally start out building motorcycles. Kawasaki, Yamaha, Ducati...they built industrial equipment, pianos and radios before motorcycles :fiddy:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts