Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have examined Islam in some detail. As with all peoples, religions, and races there are a majority of good well intentioned human beings and a few nutters.

I personally have not taken to Islam for various reasons but respect their view on life and all things spiritual.

Now getting to the meat of it.... My bike was stolen the other day. These guys are the only ones offering a reasonable, well thought out and humane response to my tragic loss....

CUT THE HANDS OFF THE THIEVING STICKY FINGERED TW-AT-S

Lets borrow their laws in this regard. Lets 'rob' these wankers of the ability to steal, ride and ironically wank...

A petition to all bikers... Lets remove the knob ticklers from thieves !

You guys think I'm kidding !

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
I for one know you are not kidding Sharia law is practiced in some middle eastern countries such as Saudi Arabia , Iran will the western world carry such laws of course not human rights activists wont leave them alone

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mamba, if you truly understand Islam then you should know better than to make the sweeping statement that Sharia law is "their law." You're furthering ignorance that 1) there is only one type of Sharia law, 2) Sharia law is practiced or supported by Islam as a whole, and 3) Sharia law's defining characteristic is extreme punishments for crimes.

Although you did say we should "borrow their laws in this regard." Anyway, I'm just being devil's advocate. People need not think cutting hands off represents the depth of Sharia law.

With that said, I'm sorry for your loss buddy. I agree, bike thieves should lose a frickin' hand!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was being flippant, I would just be happy to seee these beggars lose their hands (kinda).

Sharia law is living by the word of the Kouran. It is true that all Muslims wish this, though I dont mean in some kind of BNP fear tactic. In the same way Christiand would be content with the bible dictating our laws as they believe it 100%.

Variances in shariah law are just a variance in integrity in keeping the words of the kouran. But I did not give my opinion on any of this, I cant see how or why you have perceived that.

I have done alot of research on Islam, but that is beside the point. I was making a flippant comment.

All the best and ride on bikers ! Insha Allah ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Islam was practised in Arab including Israel, Spain and many other countries. They lived in harmony with Jews and Christians. Then when the Crusade came they killed the muslims in Spain, made the mosques into churches etc.

If you want to learn about Islam, i suggest you read the Quran and history, dont base opinions over a person, as people are never perfect.

Shariah does suggest you chop off the hands of theives - but look at history and statistics, this was very rare and hardly happened, its mainly a detterent and 4 x witnesses are needed. not 3 or 1.

Just a final word of wisdom. Forget what I am saying or what I think - just come to your own senses. Guys you should at least study why we are living and exist - Dont just blindly follow media that is run by money making commerce. If we consider ourselves to be Intelligent we should strive to find our purpose of living - not just follow our fathers and forefathers. We are not here to live for a billion years, and will be in our graves soon.

Best of Luck and I hope you do start your research.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Islam was practised in Arab including Israel, Spain and many other countries. They lived in harmony with Jews and Christians. Then when the Crusade came they killed the muslims in Spain, made the mosques into churches etc.

If you want to learn about Islam, i suggest you read the Quran and history, dont base opinions over a person, as people are never perfect.

Shariah does suggest you chop off the hands of theives - but look at history and statistics, this was very rare and hardly happened, its mainly a detterent and 4 x witnesses are needed. not 3 or 1.

Just a final word of wisdom. Forget what I am saying or what I think - just come to your own senses. Guys you should at least study why we are living and exist - Dont just blindly follow media that is run by money making commerce. If we consider ourselves to be Intelligent we should strive to find our purpose of living - not just follow our fathers and forefathers. We are not here to live for a billion years, and will be in our graves soon.

Best of Luck and I hope you do start your research.
Thanks for pointing this out. The way the media portrays islamic law is as though it is as simple as ' i see you steal, i cut your balls off'

Also people should take note about him saying that the punishment was to act as a deterant and not that it was carried out for every case.

·
Registered
974 Posts
To the OP : you are of course assuming a Muslim didn't steal your bike in the first place. People like to talk in extremes, this equals that but the fact is there is as many non practicing Muslims as there are any other religion, I'd imagine among the more upscale countries among the younger generations that non practice rate is much higher. When I went to Malaysia which is probably among the nicest most hospitable of the Muslim nations there were many many things that go on that fly right in the face of the Q. Just think of the last time you were at a mall, when have you ever seen 1/6th of the patrons kneel down and pray at some point and there are plenty of Muslims at any mall. Thieves should have to work in the strawberry fields till they have paid back society = two birds one stone. Cutting off an arm just creates a disability that our society will have to manage in the long run.

·
Registered
491 Posts
ok, everyone chill, the guy is pissed about his bike being stolen, and would like to punish the asswipes who did it, no assumptions about muslims, koran, religion, and any ethnic groups are made here! everyone is so damn sensitive! carry on OP!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts