Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty so ive pretty much run out of options and dont know what to do. Im wondering if any of you guys could be of help. Here we go.

So i bought my motorcycle, handed over the money, i got the title. When she was filling in the title she did two minor errors and scratch outs which at that point i didnt think anything of. A few days later i go to my Tag and Title place and the lady a the counter says i must get a BILL OF SALE. This is to verify that everything is legit and the bill of sale must be signed by her. I contacted the buyer letting her know what happened, she said she was at work and therefore we communicated by text. I told her i needed her to sign a bill of sale that i would be sending to her through mail with a self addressed and postage payed return envelope to relieve some of the hassle on her part. All she answered my text with was her address, so im like ok ill send it. Its now been 8 days including weekends since then and i havent gotten anything in the mail. Ive called her and texted starting yesterday with no answer from her. So i have the title, the motorcycle, but i seem to be unable to register it!

Any ideas on how to handle this? Im freaking out!

Anyhow these are the options im weighing.

1) Drive to her house (120 miles away in orlando, fl) and have her sign the bill of sale for me.

2)Try other Tag and Title places until one of them takes the title

3)Explain myself as that i cant get in contact with her and see if they can title it... or something....

Help me out guys!

·
Registered
475 Posts
i had a similar problem but before even trying to contact the seller i tried another dmv and they said the same thing so dont even bother waiting in line there all the same and they all follow the same procedure.

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
make up your own bill of sale & have someone else sign for her

it's also in the sellers best interest to get a 'release of liability' since it's still in their name. the seller is liable til noted otherwise.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damnit! the issue with forging her signature is that its ILLEGAL!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the issue why im scared is that i dont want all this to go SOUR and then im screwed and have to pay a FINE/JAIL. Well heres another thing she sold it because she was going to the US Virgin Islands, so in about 2 months she'll be out of the country... so it shouldnt matter to her...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I registered mine without a bill of sale in Florida. Just put the purchase price somewhere near where you signed the title. It worked for me, but maybe I just had nice DMV workers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah but keep in mind there are two scratch outs on the title, so thats why they send me back to get a bill of sale. to verify.

I registered mine without a bill of sale in Florida. Just put the purchase price somewhere near where you signed the title. It worked for me, but maybe I just had nice DMV workers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hate to say it, because it isnt the "right" thing to do, but in this case I agree with everyone above. Just have a female sign it, and be done with it.

And this is a good lesson for anyone else going to buy anything that come with a title. Have a bill of sale in hand for them to sign. It only takes a minute to print off the DMV site and it saves all kinds of headaches.

Bass

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
OK, why don't you wait more than 8 days "counting weekends". You gotta figure, if you mailed it in the afternoon, it likely did not go out until the next day. Then, USPS sucks donkey balls so it probably takes 2 or 3 days to get there. Most people are lazy or busy so if she got in Monday or Tuesday, she will probably not fill it out until she has time on the weekend. Then it will take 2 or 3 days to get back to you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well why cant she answer a simple phone call or at least a text, and let me be in peace.. but she sends me nothing... not even smoke signals lol!!

OK, why don't you wait more than 8 days "counting weekends". You gotta figure, if you mailed it in the afternoon, it likely did not go out until the next day. Then, USPS sucks donkey balls so it probably takes 2 or 3 days to get there. Most people are lazy or busy so if she got in Monday or Tuesday, she will probably not fill it out until she has time on the weekend. Then it will take 2 or 3 days to get back to you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok so this is what im gonna do, im gonna try to walk in one more time with the title... if that doesnt work then, i guess ill take everyone elses advice. Wish me luck :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Send her pictures of your cat (or your penis if you don't have a cat) a couple times a day via text message. She'll eventually answer.

You could also tell her about the traffic signal cameras in your area and let her know that the tickets will be showing up at her address until you get the whole title transfer thing out of the way.

...or you could forge the bill of sale.... which is less entertaining for us to read about.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
yeah dude, dont walk in there AGAIN, with the same stuff you went in there last time with. WTF do you think is gonna happen? Theyre going to tell you the exact same thing they told you before, and require a bill of sale. Then, after them telling you twice, you might be putting yourself at risk.

Stop being a PU$$Y and get a girl to sign a bill of sale. They dont mean ****. they have no way of validating

1 - 20 of 32 Posts