Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out riding with a group this past Saturday. The roads were great. We hit some really nice twisties. We stopped for lunch at this really awesome resturant that was on the rim of what is called the Arkansas Grande Canyon. The view was awesome and the food was just as good.

After lunch we decided to ride the lower part of Hwy123. It was a great road. There were some areas that were like WTF, but the rest of the road was awesome. We had rode as far south on 123 as we were going to go, and we were making our way back up it.

I had been riding great all day, but as I entered one of the turns I had a laps in concentration and started going wide. Well, there is pea size gravep lightly scatered along the shoulders of this stretch of 123. As I started going wide, I thought I was a lot closer to the sholder that I actually was and if I leaned into the turn more that I would have a wicked lowside.

So, I decided to try to slow the bike down just enought to ride throught the gravel and keep on going. Well, I wasn't able to slow it down enough to keep her on the road. Right before I went off the road I thought, that okay, i'll just ride the grass for a little bit and get her back on the road. Well, as soon as I went into the grass the bike slid out from under me. What I didn't realize was that the ground sloped down just enought that when I got a my rear brakes it lowsided on me, in the grass...

I was doing about 15-20mph, this is just a guess since I wasn't looking at the speedo. I slide and tumbled a couple of times and the bike slid to a stop into a pile of limbs...

Luckly all that happened to me was some scratches on the back of my neck, and I broke the tip of my left ring finger. The bike suffered some light cosmetic damage. The only other thing that caused me some serious problems was that as I tried to straighten my shifter linkage it broke on me, but I was able to rig a temporary solution out of popsicle sticks and ducktap that got me home, 2hrs away. MacGyver knew what was up when he carried ducktap everywhere!!!

Here are some pictures of the bike and my finger.

The thing that agrevates me the most is that I could have prevented this!!! :bitchslap: :banghead:

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
WOW! Sorry to hear it man. My cousin wreaked his brand new 04 GSXR today, only 1 day old. :cry:

Going to take pictures now, hope to see you on IM soon so we can talk.

Jason

ps. Ice that figure and maybe see a doctor. ;-)

·
7,847 Posts
Forgot to ask you if you had your new gear on?

Jason

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mabbottusmc said:
Did u get your finger looked at yet? That has got to hurt.
Naw. Since it's at the tip, there not a lot they can do. The doc will probably tell me to take it easy and give me some meds. I've been taking it easy and puting ice on it. So, I've been able to manage the pain.

mikesamillion said:
had you already taken off the slider in the pics or did it break off on impact? sorry about the wreak bro but at least your bikes still rideable and your OK
Since I when down off road, the mushroom top popped off somewhere between the impact and the slide to a stop. Oh I forgot to mention, the base may be bent too. So, the whole left slider will probably need to be replaced...

However, I think I'm going to switch to another brand since I'm going to have to replace that one side anyways. The yoyo's did a decent job for having gone off road, but I don't want to have to by replacement mushrooms every I put my sliders to the test...

a53x said:
sorry to hear about your lowside, mine went down today too and had to go home on the back of a truck.
sorry to hear about yours get off... I was very lucky that there was so little damage to me and the bike. A little further down the slope and the bike and I would have entered the woods.

visitorq said:
Forgot to ask you if you had your new gear on?

Jason
Oh hell yes. I had full gear on. I would have been beat'n up a lot worse if I hadn't. The only part of my body that was exposed, was my neck and it got scratched up pretty good...

·
7,847 Posts
How bad did it hurt those $180 gloves? :neutral: Any trashed gear?

Jason

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident bro. Glad to hear that you are alright.

So which frame sliders are you thinking about switching to?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
visitorq said:
How bad did it hurt those $180 gloves? :neutral: Any trashed gear?

Jason
nope, they got a little scuffed up, but it's all still good... :D

RRizzle said:
Sorry to hear about the accident bro. Glad to hear that you are alright.

So which frame sliders are you thinking about switching to?
I was thinking about going to vortex since they will fit the holes for the yoyo's...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts