Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about an hour into a 4 hour ride to spend the weekend with my girlfriend and watch her graduate college, when it happened... I was ride'n down a nice twisty mountain road, the kind that's doesn't have really tight twists but still twisty enough to be fun. I went into a turn at around 70ish and as I start to crack the throttle open again after the apex, BAM!!! A statey comes roll'n by the other way. As soon as I see him, I put on the breaks as hard as I can without looking like I'm hard on the breaks. He turns his lights on as he passes by.

Well, I continue around the curve at 55mph waiting for him to pop round behind me. I keep riding and looking and riding and looking, but no trooper. Then as I hit a straight stretch going up the mountain, I barely make out his blue lights behind me. This dude was way back there. I guess it took him a while to turn around. But once I saw those light, he was on my ass in what seemed like two seconds. Since we're head'n up a mountian there's not really any good place to pull over, so I'm doing about 45mph with this statey following me for about a mile or so :oops: until we come across someones driveway.

I take off my helmet and gloves, pull out my ear plugs, and turn around and say to him, "sorry about that, I would have pulled over sooner, but there wasn't a good place to do it." He looks at me with a crooked smile and says, "That's okay, I understand." Then he askes me where I was going, if the bike was mine, and ran my drivers license. After he ran the license he tells me I had a speeding ticket a while back and nothing on my record since. He goes to say, "I know it can be really easy to speed when you're on a motorcycle, but you need to be mindfull of your how fast you're going. Slow it down a little Tony." I replied with the usual, "Yes sir." Then, get this, he tells me to have a nice day and remember to slow it down. I'm thinking :shock: HOLY $H!T did he just give me a verbal warning? I haven't gotten one of those since I was 15. I thought for sure I was going to get a ticket, cus even though he clocked me at 72mph, I was doing more like 75-80mph coming out of that turn. This long a$$ story it goes to show that not all cops are a$$holes... Maybe I'll run into him someday when he's off dutie and buy him a beer...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Patrolmen are nice in ND

Thats happened to me 4 times in the past 3 months.
Everytime is like at 10 or 11 pm.
Its usually i'm riding back home from fargo. (40 min ride)
I'm never haulin ass or anything but going about 65ish in a 55.
Last one i was going 67 i recall.
When he asks if he knows why i got pulled over, i just say, yeah sorry, its late and I must not have been watching my speed.

Since i havent got a tickets*knock on wood* he just says aright, have a good night.

Alot of times their not looking for speeders, there looking for DUI's.
They really been crackin down on that **** lately.
So really as long as i'm cool about it, and admit my mistake, he just let me off. The have bigger fish to fry.
Its different here maybe, i dunno.

·
Registered
392 Posts
A few buddies and I were hitting some twisties then we hit a state highway. Theres this lil town thats only about 1 square mile, well for the brief moment we were in that area on the highway one of the local cops spies us and says we were speeding, approx doing 65 in a 50. He was prolly right, we confessed that we were prolly speeding but not paying much attention to the speedo. He runs our licenses and says we're not getting a ticket but to just slow it down and that he has a (in a redneck voice) "motor-cicle" and knows how fun they can be. I thought that was kinda funny, but he let us on our way. So its all good. :bounce:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Nice to hear some nice-cop stories. Sometimes it's hard to think that they're not all out to get us. It's cool that sometimes if you are respectful and not a complete jerk, they can be the same way back.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Cool deal man. Once I finnaly slowed down and let my record clear completely, I get the same thing now. They run my license and see I am not a retard who drives around at 90 everywhere I go and they let me go with a slow it down son quote. I really appreciate it as well because I worked pretty hard and beign good for the last 7 years to make my license clean as a whistle.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
As soon as I saw this post I was thinking that you dropped her, thank god you didn't!

At anyrate, good story and a good leason to learn that running isn't (always?) the best option.

Jason

·
Registered
700 Posts
talk about lucky, i lost control in some gravel and wiped out. cops came for an accident report for the insurance company, he gave me a speeding ticket and he wasnt even there. bogus

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Bussman600rr said:
talk about lucky, i lost control in some gravel and wiped out. cops came for an accident report for the insurance company, he gave me a speeding ticket and he wasnt even there. bogus
That Sux!

What a %$#@!

Jason

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nice!!

i was pulled over one night for doing 130+ showing off for some friends.. some one called the cops and he came out just as i was leaving from my friends group..

i had a suspended license and no indorsment.. he NEVER asked for any of my junk and just told me to take it eazy..

w00t w00t!

·
Registered
417 Posts
On my way to get my work everyday, I have to pass the police dept exit, sheriff dept exit and exit the freeway near CHP field office... If everyone of them decides to give me tickets, i'd have 6 a day. The speedo never dipped under 80. Yeah, there is always traffic school, which I have been religiously attend every 18 months. :bounce:

H

·
0 Posts
Whenever I see a cop pass me and turn his lights on and i know it is for me i jsut stop right then, get off the bike and wiat for him...with a clean driving record and the HUGE sign of respect or stopping like that they let me go "knock on wood"....cops around here (jersey) are looking for a$$holes on the road....if you show them that you are not one of those guys you should be fine....i was pulled over once at night for hitting a wheelie...i was not trying to, but i cracked the throttle on my old bike and up she went...cop pulls me over and i just spoke to him man-to-man...i apologized and told him that i had no excuss for my actions (although it was not intentional)...i guess he appreciated the way that i handled the situation and he let me go with a warning....bottom line is not all cops are bad guys....respect them and they will respect you.... :bounce:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Not all cops are assholes... And having a Family Member PBA card almost always gives you a "have a nice day" warning. HAHA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts