Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LOVE the Honda 600RR, unfortunately my shoulders don't love it for the street. My DRZ400SM is way more comfortable but absolutely NO power past 75! So I researched and test rode a few bikes,HyperMotard,SpeedTripple,FZ1, And then the KTM SuperDuke... Best ROADbike ive ever ridden! The torque is unreal!!! Traded the 07RR and the DRZ400SM for it. Its that fun! I still have other Honda's in the garage, 06 NSF100(600RR mini-me) and a 02 CR125, so don't flame me too hard! :iamwithst

Attachments

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
hey sucka, thats my thread title damn it. copycat

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What???????

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did a search...Small world? I guess I'm not the only crazy one on here! Nice 1000 by the way!

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
thanks man. nice ah, thingy, KTM, i mean.

j/k...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Can't blame you for being uncomfortable on an RR. I'll be 45 in a couple of weeks and can honestly say that the RR is definitely not an all day bike for me. I bought it for my son to ride. My true love is my ZRX. It's a tad quicker than my rr in the quarter mile and pounds the piss out of 600's at the stop lights. It also wheelies with only the happy handle. That being said, I can't hang with the 600's in the twisties very well. The longer the 600 has been in my garage, the more I ride it, the more I like it. I put 3500 miles on the REX this year and a little over 2000 on the Honda. I think next year the numbers may be reversed. I just limit my rides to an hour or two when I take the CBR. I can't imagine selling either of these bikes.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Nice new ride ! Congrats :)

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
I thought I was old at 38 :icon_lol: You Homie inspire me to keep riding :rocker:

Can't blame you for being uncomfortable on an RR. I'll be 45 in a couple of weeks and can honestly say that the RR is definitely not an all day bike for me. I bought it for my son to ride. My true love is my ZRX. It's a tad quicker than my rr in the quarter mile and pounds the piss out of 600's at the stop lights. It also wheelies with only the happy handle. That being said, I can't hang with the 600's in the twisties very well. The longer the 600 has been in my garage, the more I ride it, the more I like it. I put 3500 miles on the REX this year and a little over 2000 on the Honda. I think next year the numbers may be reversed. I just limit my rides to an hour or two when I take the CBR. I can't imagine selling either of these bikes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Still young after all these years

Almost 45? 38? :icon_lol:
You guys got years left.:rocker:
I thought at my age (46) a sportbike would be getting to me. Suprisingly, for me anyway, it is more comfortable than a touring bike.
Ride with a guy that is even older than me he rocks the ZX-10s. Damn senior citizens...

Cool bike!

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
:icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Excellent. Now I really laugh my Pop said the other day NO ONE your age rides those things.. lol lol lol Wrong Pop's.. I will have to show this thread to him.. :rocker:

Almost 45? 38? :icon_lol:
You guys got years left.:rocker:
I thought at my age (46) a sportbike would be getting to me. Suprisingly, for me anyway, it is more comfortable than a touring bike.
Ride with a guy that is even older than me he rocks the ZX-10s. Damn senior citizens...

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
thank god you oldies are still floating about here it gives me hope /...that KTM rules nice choice!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys! I forgot to mention that I have had surgery twice on my left shoulder and once on my right. The Left shoulder twice in High School and the right one was a nasty wheelie accident in the drive way on a Fiddy!!! The bike bike is currently at Cox Racing Group( http://www.coxracingroup.com/ ) getting some radiator guards,fender eliminator, and sliders. If you already dont you should definitly pick up one of their radiator guards, cheap insurance! Radiators are $$$$!!!!!!!! I'll post some pics when I get her back!!! Like Ferris said "If you ever get a chance to ride one, take it! They are SO choice"

·
Registered
506 Posts
39 here, and still sportin' the RR. I did a couple of one day 600 mile round trips this last summer too. Only comfort problem I had was my shins and feet falling asleep. My legs would almost give out under me at all the stops, until the blood start flowing again..I think proper pants might help, my jeans tend to cut off the circulation.

No back or shoulder aches. I think a cruiser or VFR are only a summer or two away though. Although my 60 year old dad only just recently sold his CBR954!

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Right On Joe :rocker:

39 here, and still sportin' the RR. I did a couple of one day 600 mile round trips this last summer too. Only comfort problem I had was my shins and feet falling asleep. My legs would almost give out under me at all the stops, until the blood start flowing again..I think proper pants might help, my jeans tend to cut off the circulation.

No back or shoulder aches. I think a cruiser or VFR are only a summer or two away though. Although my 60 year old dad only just recently sold his CBR954!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts