1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
gee said:
first cbr i rode was one of these, that was a long time age now....

http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Honda_CBR_400_RR_1996.aspx
Freakin' sweet! The mid '90s had some of the neatest sportbike designs IMO by all the Japanese manufacturers. I like my '03 RR but I really don't care for the design trend that all the bikes are going to, just not my thing. That '96 400RR just has the classic look from that era, sort of like a '69 Camaro versus the new concept Camaro.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
import as buck,
honda nz never brought a single 400 vfr or cbr into the country, thank god for grey imports....the guy that bought this thing paid 10k for it in 96 as a 10 month old import, saw one the other day on a yard for 7k, 300 buck a year in devaluation aint bad!!!!

do hondas hold their value or wot hahahahaa

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
27,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
back then they where off the chain!!!!
but compared to your RR they are kinda doggie, they weight the same but the 400 has 60% of the power , but against the J model gixxer 750 in the hills they were awesome!!!
would still love too park one in the collection for life ....

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I almost bought one of these when I was looking for a bike because I was limited to 400cc, but the dealer was an idiot and asked for what would have been 75% of the cost of a brand new 600RR! I laughed and walked out, rode a cheap naked for a year and upgraded my license to get the RR later after I had a little experience. One of the reasons these bikes have held their value is that there are restrictions on what size engine you can ride in a lot of countries. 400 is a cut-off point in Japan and there are no new 400s with fairing so bikes like this stay high-priced even though they're quite outdated. Also, taxes are less, especially on a 250, which doesn't even require inspections. If you've got money to burn on a toy, they're great. I would go for the 250 as it's quite a bit smaller and the power difference isn't that much. It also looks wayyyy better imo. I'm really glad I resisted the temptation until I got the 600, but the 250RR is a nice little bike, except for the purple (it's not really blue as it appears in a lot of photos and fades to purple). Love the RVF, but it's also a tank!

·
27,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah bro the nc35 is soooooo sick!!!!!! and one of the best sounding bikes ever!!!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
cbr400's are still sold in asia....am i right??

i bet those would be great to have hear in the states.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts