Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

up until 10 seconds, i didn't even rev it, and its flicking up the revs a bit...

I have no idea even where to start, I am thinking spark plugs????

it randomly started, i was riding all morning and i turned it off went home tried to start it up again and something felt off

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a chipmunk crawled into your exhaust and died.
you're gonna laugh but i felt the same way somethings off with the exhaust? think someone maybe put **** in the exhaust? up until 6-7k it sounds weird, but after that it sounds 100% normal

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Primary injector issue. leave her at idle for a little while and then check the temperature of each header pipe. That will tell you which cylinder is missing (the cold one), then check the injector lead on that cylinder. Secondary injector kicks in at 5500 RPM and that's why the problem is going away at that point.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
If the plug and wiring looks good, swap the injector with another cylinder and see if the problem moves, if it does then new injector if it doesn't then you keep looking...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sprayed water on each of the pipes as it left the engine, the 3rd one wasnt evaporating the water, i think one isn't igniting, also had a backfire today.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Then you just won yourself a spark plug check!

1st thing to look!!!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Not too expensive, but if you're backfiring check the spark plug on that cylinder first.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay so get this I started it up last night and everything works perfect, then started it up this morning again and runs perfect..... What now...? I guess just wait till it happeneds again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts