Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you guys do when its drizzling or raining and you want to ride? I want to go practice slow speed **** more but I dont want to drop it because I couldnt wait til it dries up, I do know of people who ride all year long on harleys and have been caught in rain on the way to work etc haha

·
Registered
803 Posts
The only days I omit are the rainy ones. If I have no choice, I would and I actually would enjoy it, however the bike would get really messy afterwards, I feel.

I just take a break from riding during those times... And then come back strong and excited when it dries up - which normally doesn't take too long.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've ridden in the rain plenty of times, but if I have a choice I choose not to. Yourearsets bike will get water spots in all the tight unreachable places and it's a major pita to clean.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
personally, i skip every opportunity to ride in the rain......

even a light drizzle cancels the ride.

2-3 drops on visor while on the road =bailing on the ride.

if you must, save your cbr, and ride a mountain bike in the rain until you regain your senses.....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
personally, i skip every opportunity to ride in the rain......

even a light drizzle cancels the ride.

2-3 drops on visor while on the road =bailing on the ride.

if you must, save your cbr, and ride a mountain bike in the rain until you regain your senses.....
I have senses I just love the rain! lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
You have a lot more grip in the rain than you would think. Watch out for the first little bit of rain after no rain. It's slicker until the debris rinses away. Wear the right gear and go.

Its way better than a three beer ride.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
You just gotta me more careful in the rain. A lot if it is common sense: don't accelerate to hard, and give yourself plenty of time to stop.

I prefer not to ride in the rain, especially when it's blinding and you can barely see in front of you. Imagine what a car behind you sees with our tiny Integrated smoked taillights. Plus, hitting a big puddle of water, which is very likely where I live due to so much road contraction and the changing terrain, can make you shatter diamonds with your butt hole you'll be clenching so hard.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
I'm from England, there's no avoiding the rain!

I avoid riding the CBR in the wet purely because I hated the mess the bike would be in after one wet ride, cleaning every time is a major pita.

Added to that, the road salt laid down in winter to stop the roads freezing will corrode things pretty quick if not rinsed off after every ride. There are good anti corrosion treatments such as ACF50 etc but even so, I liked her looking clean.

I'm no fair weather rider though. I have a winter hack 125cc that I use throughout the crappy weather. Wearing the right gear makes it more than bearable and riding throughout the wet weather/winter will only improve your riding ability.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I'm from England, there's no avoiding the rain!

I avoid riding the CBR in the wet purely because I hated the mess the bike would be in after one wet ride, cleaning every time is a major pita.

Added to that, the road salt laid down in winter to stop the roads freezing will corrode things pretty quick if not rinsed off after every ride. There are good anti corrosion treatments such as ACF50 etc but even so, I liked her looking clean.

I'm no fair weather rider though. I have a winter hack 125cc that I use throughout the crappy weather. Wearing the right gear makes it more than bearable and riding throughout the wet weather/winter will only improve your riding ability.
Totally forgot about the places that salt the roads.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mobile is one of THE wettest cities in the US. I've been in rain more time than I can count. Just be careful. After 4 years I had my first drop in the rain pulling away from a stop sign. I won't even so much blame it on the rain more than I took my eyes off where I was going. It's all good though no bike damage just a few scratches.
http://blog.al.com/live/2013/02/mobile_-_not_seattle_-_the_rai.html

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I ride all year round. If there looks to be any rain, the waterproof suit and A* waterproof boots come out. Bike is my daily commute so have no choice.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Exactly why I don't have one. The Rivale has two very bright taillights. I also added Rizoma signals that are BRIGHT as well.

Wit dat 4ss yo bike doesn't need one.

Mobile is one of THE wettest cities in the US. I've been in rain more time than I can count. Just be careful. After 4 years I had my first drop in the rain pulling away from a stop sign. I won't even so much blame it on the rain more than I took my eyes off where I was going. It's all good though no bike damage just a few scratches.
http://blog.al.com/live/2013/02/mobile_-_not_seattle_-_the_rai.html
I would almost put money on painted pavement being involved; the Gulf is quite possibly the most humid area on the entire planet...but idk if there's a place that's absolutely the most difficult for riding in every measurable way...Dallas may not have snow n stuff, but we have oil, rubber, and who knows what else that mixes together and if it should rain at any rate less than a torrential fvckin downpour after a month of nothing, the roads get slicker than an ice rink.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts