Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't ask me how but I was getting gas and saw a freaking Q tip floating in my gas tank. It's a brand new cbr600rr 2013 and I'm the first owner. I tried to use a small clamp to grap it out but missed. Somehow it floated out of sight and I can't see it anymore. I'm not sure how to take it out now but hopefully it will be floating around when gas is low and I will be ready for it.

Should I have faith in the fuel pump screen and not worry too much?

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
I believe it will dissolve within no time then what ever particles are left will get held but the fuel filter

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
You can even test it to watch the effect unfold infront of your eyes full a cup with gasoline & throw a Q tip in there before you know it will dissolve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replies. I'm sure the cotton will dissolve but what about the plastic stick?

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
wow that's a strange one?? could always try and syphon the gas out of tank? try and move the tank around if you cant see it anymore, look in with a good flashlight and try and grab that sucker. Full Warrany on a 2013 you could call the dealer, but they may not say getting a Qtip out is covered lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. So I went out and bought a good flashlight and a pickup tool. I got it out in less than 1 minute. That sucker was at the bottom to the right of the tank. Cotton was intact and did not dissolve.

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Ok. So I went out and bought a good flashlight and a pickup tool. I got it out in less than 1 minute. That sucker was at the bottom to the right of the tank. Cotton was intact and did not dissolve.
Congrats man on fishing out tha sucker :cruising:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts