Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey maynges! Haven't been on the site in a while and I figured I'd drop by and say what's up! I have one quick question (so yes this post isn't worthless:drunk:) I recently had my suspension tweaked a tad for a stiffer, more responsive feel (yes the stock setup is waay too mushy)..I had my chain adjusted as well (as I got new pilot pures installed)..and for some reason my chain slack seems a tad loose...now the bike rides great and I have no quams but a buddy of mine mentioned while riding that he noticed my chain may be a tad loose. I lifted up on the chain, and in many spots, and it does seem to be a little more than 1-1/4" slack. Given looser slack is better than too tight (jerky, more stress on sprockets and tranny etc..) and the chain doesn't click or make noise, what's a quick way to tighten up the chain ever so slightly without breaking free the rear axle nut etc..I've replaced my old F4i's rear tire by myself and set the slack etc but I'm a tad undereducated when it comes to the adjuster plates etc on the 07+'s....Also, I don't have a rear stand. Basically, I am asking if there's a "quick" method to tighten the chain up ever so slightly. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Really nice bike what kind of exhaust is that.... To answer ur ? im pretty sure where ur adjuster blocks are. There should be 2 bolts, one is the locking bolt, and the other is the adjusting bolt. So, you would need to loosen the locking bolt, then turn the adjusting bolt until you get the chain where u want it, must do both sides. Also, there will be marks on the bottom of swingarm so u can be even on both sides. So, for example, if the left side is like 3-4 marks, make sure the right side is the same...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I could be totally wrong, but im pretty sure you have to loosen the axle to adjust the chain. Without loosening it you will not be able to turn the adjusters. Also make sure you adjust both sides so your alignment is on. The axle does not have to be completely loose and can be kept snug while adjusting the chain. Chain/rear tire alignment is important and will affect handling and life of tire and chain. Search the forums for wheel alignment and you will find the string method which is cheap and simple. Hope this helps and im sure others will chime in soon

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah you have to loosen your axle nut to adjust the chain. Don't take shortcuts on that stuff. I adjusted my chain recently to 35 mm and it feels great now. I also put on a set of q2s. I had to adjust the alignment once and was good to go after that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey man...

Noice Leo there. Wish I had the $$ when they were on sale.

Az is great for riding... Hell, I LOOK for any reason to get out on mine...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts